Fish Hawk Creek Preserve North Loop

Fish Hawk Creek Preserve North Loop is a 3.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lithia, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 104 feet Route Type: Loop

The trail starts near Lithia Springs Park, which has a popular campground.

minimal shade. otherwise a nice hike.

Great trail, mostly shade with small patches in the sun. Terrain changes from grassy to white sand and some rough spots. Three mud holes to cross from recent rain. Look at trail map before you go! it's a loop and I panicked because I thought I was going in circles. Easy to find our way back once I figured it out. Dog loved it

This was the first time I have gone out on a trail and I absolutely enjoyed it. There are some beautiful scenic views and it was a great trail for a beginner. My German Shepherd thoroughly enjoyed it.

Limited shade, in people’s back yards for part of loop. Trail too manicured.

a nice 3 mile trail in Lithia. several side trails lead to some nice places by the river. saw a lot of animal tracks, wild flowers, and beauty berries. the county rates it as strenuous but it is easy.

Saturday, March 17, 2018