Learn more

Econlockhatchee River Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Oviedo, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 78 feet Route Type: Loop

Hike alongside the Econ River from the bridge.

The Econ Trail as shown on the map needs clarification, an no wonder so many reviews were referencing mountain bikes. The trail system is part of the Little Big Econ Forest and there are 3 trail systems - pedestrian, equestrian, and mountain bike - with very limited overlap. The map with Snowhill Road parking and highlighted trail is the mountain bike trailhead and very popular as the best and most challenging mountain bike trail in Orlando. The equestrian portion is not highlighted but the trailhead is just across the river bridge on Snowhill Rd. The pedestrian portion, also not highlighted is that portion along the river with parking on State Road 426 - not Snowhill Road.

Great trail! Saw some huge gators and snapping turtles. Just be cautious that these trails are mostly for mountain biking. The riders were very nice but I made sure to move out of their way.

Many different train options. Not signed very good but if you hit a different trail it leads to another. Dog friendly. narrow trails at some points.

fee

I really enjoyed this trail on my bike even though it was quite challenging for the first time riding again in years. I probably should have selected an easier one - go all out or go home I say! The river trail is the most difficult... it has a lot of ups and downs and a lot of large roots. Sometimes you also are very close to steep drops of about 10-20ft. Usually I was ok except when I went into loose sand, which made it hard to control the bike. Trails run both ways for cycling and are narrow so you need to pay attention to other people closely. I love that most of it is shady and very enjoyable.

This side of the Little Big Econ is definitely better for bicycles! But hiking it was great too! Next time I will bring my bicycle though. Beautiful walk!

Very beautiful, saw two gators on the bank sunning, once you get to the river it gets very pretty. But not enough signs so bringing ur phone or a map is a must- for first timers. We had a great time

Fun trail with a lot of route options. Coming back to do more soon.

fee

Lots of tree roots. Nice trail that’s not flat. River was low and brown.

bridge out

Mon Apr 21 2014

Easy to get lost here I was so happy a guy we ran into told us how to get back to our car