Econ River Wilderness Area

Econ River Wilderness Area is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Oviedo, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fir over 15 years, I’ve enjoyed hiking and riding this trail network. By far, it’s one of the best small trails in the region.
However, there is a tree near Rybolt’s Reserve which is leaning on a powerline and has been since hurricane Irma. This is definitely a safety issue as it crosses a portion of the trail.

I have very mixed feelings of this trail. The majority of it was closed off due to the boardwalk being under construction, so I only got to hike about a quarter mile. HOWEVER, in that short time span I saw both an armadillo and an otter so it was definitely worth the visit. I’ll go back in about two weeks to try and do the whole thing. Definitely worth looking into.

Long and lots of turns ! Watch the map!

love the river part

Great trail for all level of riders, with some great scenery and wildlife. For a 360 video of a portion of the trail, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDoUv27_BVg&feature=share

A beautiful trail to Hike. Parts of the trail were flooded after Hurricane Irma, but was still passable. We went during the middle of the day so we did not get to see much wildlife, but we were lucky enough to see a Red Tail Hawk, a 5' Alligator and a Pigmy Rattlesnake on the trail. Although there is limited parking at the Trail Head, the Trail seemed to be heavily traveled by other hikers. This trail is relatively close to my house so I will be going back to hike it again.

The trails were fairly well marked, and the route featured a lot of shade and beautiful oak trees. My only suggestion is not to hike this trail during rainy season, as we were not able to complete the loop due to the river covering the trail. We had to turn around and go back the way we had come.

Monday, February 06, 2017

beautiful trail, nice and shaded, goes to the river, great for dogs!

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Enjoyable walk! Pretty flat, but nice area

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Short, easy, flat

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Perfect trail for a quick evening hike. I don't think I'd enjoy this trail in the middle of the day as it wasn't shaded most of the time.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Great default trail, easy terrain, some decent scenic views of river.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A great trail for beginners. I take my friends who have never been hiking before here.

You frequently see other people here, particularly UCF students.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Nice easy uneventful walk. Great for beginners

Sunday, January 03, 2016

A nice and easy flat hike with the dog. A little narrow at points but a great way to spend an hour in the afternoon to get outdoors and clear your head.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Easy, flat, beautiful FL woods; less than 2mi away from UCF campus. Watch for trail markers-- could easily miss a turn. Mostly tree-canopied footpath.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Very pretty and scenic, great for pics in the evening time. Walking, jogging, and biking are all things you can do on this trail. It's an easy trail to walk with only 5 miles around. Not a lot of animals but very tranquility and peaceful.