Eastern Lake Trail Yellow Trail

Eastern Lake Trail Yellow Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Rosa Beach, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy trail with ok markings. We hiked it with a 6 year old and the area was easy for him, though a little long. Would do it again!

I am SO confused as to how anybody has had a positive experience on this trail. This trail comes close to the worst trail I have ever been on. Perhaps if you are biking instead of hiking it would be better? 1/2 of this trail is dirt road. A dirt road that is frequented by locals that like to blaze down said roads in their jeeps in packs. After the 8th jeep passed me, I was covered in a red halo of dirt from the road. In addition, when the road 'ended' with a big metal pole driven in the middle of it to prevent road traffic, I was surprised to be passed by another jeep that decided to just go around said pole. There is little to no shade on the 'trail'. I have hiked all over this country and have never given a trail two stars, much less one. The last straw was the huge 'doughnut' ruts in the middle of road intersections, along with piles of bottles and beer cans at pull offs from the road... oh I mean trail. I came out here to hike a beautiful trail, and didn't turn around only because it counts towards to Florida Forest service Trailwalker program.

We explored the red and orange trails. The orange, which isn't mapped on All Trails, is one of the most interesting and well marked trails we've tried! Definitely worth the red trail hike to get there. Bring loads of water as there isn't any available. Enjoy!

Took my TREK hybrid with decent tires (somewhat knobby) thru the YELLOW trail. Plenty of sandy areas to be "portaged", but it helps work on bike skills and adds to leg workout.

mostly road on the 6 mile hike - I was disappointed, however, the puppies loved it!

the 5.9 mile portion of the trail was pretty good. well made bridges, beautiful scenery and a maintained trail but, almost half of that portion was road.

Beautiful day on the trail. Decided to do 11 mi loop. Trail was moderately travelled. First 8 mi were mostly trail. Surprised 2 black bears, mother and yearling at the furthest extent. 50 yards off trail in scrub. Last 4-5 miles were slogging thru tough sand traps mostly on roads. Not much rain recently contributes to sand traps. Loved the ride. Lots of flowers. Very challenging last few miles. I would turn about mile 7 to avoid the sand on the roads.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

A friend and I did hiked the shortest trail today with our kids aged 4 and 10. We all enjoyed it very much, found it picturesque. We saw a pigmy rattler so beware! There were a lot of different butterflies. I would not rate it as difficult, it's barely moderate. A definite must!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Its ok a lot of deforesting there. I didn't see any wildlife or birds but I went when weather was very hot out.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Friday, May 13, 2016

Monday, December 14, 2015

Some mixed reviews on here an I wanted to set the record straight
First off I am a novice mountain biker an found these trails to be challenging there are areas of loose sand that are deep an had to come off the bike on 3 separate occasions to make it through trails are well marked an there are arrows letting you know about trail junctions
We rode this yesterday an had a blast would like to see more obstacles if possible downed trees to cross ect.
We did the yellow to orange loop (6miles) an got a heat work out in legs were burning especially in the loose sand areas so know your limits park is well maintained an even had a unisex bathroom at the trail head
Overall great experience an looking forward to going back

Monday, November 30, 2015