Disney Wilderness Preserve Loop and Interpretive Trails

Disney Wilderness Preserve Loop and Interpretive Trails is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kissimmee, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from November until May.

Great work, Disney! I had to make a quick trip to Florida for business, and decided to hike this trail in my business clothes, before I headed for the airport. I was completely wet with sweat when I was finished, but it is a small price to pay to see such a lovely wetland preserve.

If you are in Orlando for a vacation, do yourself a favor, and take a few hours break from playing in the amusement venues, and treat yourself to this very special place.

I enjoyed the hike it was very easy hike and would be very nice for new beginners. It has a lake that you can stop at for a quick rest sand multiple benches to sit at as you go as well. I also thought it was nice that they offer a yellow trail that you can go on that's an extra 3 miles . I think it's a very big must see for a nice weekend hike.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

hiked the 3 mile loop. fellow and his wife were leaving quickly because he had seen Diamondback crossing trail. I thought I wished I'd seen that. he said don't go. I went. alertly. I am an experienced hiker cross-country. carry snake bite kit in my camel pack. saw no eagles. saw no snakes. had a great hike all by myself, however. well-maintained wilderness area. stay hydrated. use walking stick.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Very easy trail; well marked. Not much activity other than a few birds.
A lot of noise coming from boats in a nearby lake.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Nice, clean trail with clean restroom facility. Saw 0 wildlife which was disappointing.

Monday, May 02, 2011

Not to bad of a trail, very relaxing and easy to hike. Downside to the trail was the aftermath of the wild fire, not much of a scenery.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My favorite place to stay at WDW is Fort Wilderness, it's a wonderful geteway from the hustle and bustle of the "World". The hike is an easy stroll throught the forest and you feel like your much farther from the crowds then you really are. Look for the lawn mower tree it's a local site.