Daubenmire Trail

Daubenmire Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Leesburg, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

paddle sports

The Daubenmire Trail consists of an access trail, a 3 mile loop and 2 cross trails. The Park is located on Flat Island Preserve. The Trail is constructed by the Florida Trail Association and many dedicated volunteers.

Yes it is,Hot, but this will always be my local favorite. The new trail markings are really very bright. The trail itself is pretty well worn and what you might not necessarily need the tree marking but it’s nice to look ahead and see your bright orange marking on the tree.In the very few muddy Areas, you can see tracks. Raccoon I believe. Heard but didn’t see a woodpecker. I might’ve heard a deer crashing through the woods but I’m really not sure what it was. It’s bigger than an armadillo. Saw a large moth not a lunar moth. Bugs weren’t bad.

Have 3 kids so it was an easy walk for them. Seen an armadillo and more dragonflies than I could count. Felt crowded on trails (with vegetation not people) and not very scenic.

Wonderful as always. The fluorescent green moss is there. No bugs to speak of. No mosquitoes at least. I scared armadillo. Sorry little guy

We are learning the basics of hiking. Trying to figure out what gear is needed and to build up for eventually a thru hike on the Appalachian Trail. After celebrating our 20 year marriage anniversary and now our youngest is graduating, along with us turning 40 it was time we did something healthy! We hiked a total of 3.5 miles but didn't realize this app records trip till after we stopped for lunch. Beautiful trail, plenty of shade, and random appreciated breezes. We startled a hog just off the trail that in turn scared us to. All we seen was a flurry of leaves and branches. We had a good laugh and really enjoyed the day overall.

Nice rainy day. I startled an armadillo, I stood still and he waddled right towards me. When he finally saw me he took a hard left into the woods.

Enjoyable wooded trail with long boardwalk over swampy area that leads to a small stream.

Great time of the year. Saw several other people hiking which is nice. Even some picnickers.

Nice trail through palmetto and oak forest. Peaceful place to walk and think. Going CW forest service road about first mile then single track rest of loop till rejoin main trail.

Another nice day. Cool, breezy, you can sit on the benches without getting bit by mosquitoes. It was nice to see some other people here. I hope they made it to the boardwalk. If you go 200 steps fast the fallen big tree, you will be there !!

No mosquitoes. Set on a bench and rested and saw a possum cross the trail. Lots of armadillos; they go crashing through the woods when They hear you. By the way. There are lots of roots. Keep an eye out

Lovely. Walked until dusk. Heard a lot of frogs, crickets. Learn how to use the way point function and Marked my favorite tree. Saw another armadillo. They seem to be fairly common out here. The fluorescent Moss Is back after our rains.

The boardwalk is open! I saw black feral hogs, zebra long wing butterflies, several armadillos, some up close. I took an alternative pass, another words I got turned around, or maybe a little bit lost. I really thought I was following the red signs. But I saw an area where they keep captured animals, I’m assuming pigs since I’ve seen the bear round tubes in Sorrento. And they’re still are mosquitoes. The green moss on the path is not as vibrant as it is in the rainy season.

Went during mid December. Was an easy trail with different route options. Enjoyed the feeling of being deep in the forest. Not too many bugs in the afternoon this time of year. Boardwalk and river were my favorite parts. Crossed paths with a couple different people. Would definitely recommend. Very peaceful.

Saw Glen's boar.

Everything looks so lush today. The boardwalk is still closed. I'm sure the animals and birds love it since they don't have to hear me stomping through on the boardwalk. But i did see armadillo an opossum. Of course, i did manage to get turned around in a park i've gone to dozens of times. Sigh. The mosquitos are way down and i could actually sit down on a bench for a few minutes!! Saw another person on the trail and we chatted how nice the weather and woods are. I learned of several other trails i will have to check out including Sawgrass Trail in Umatilla and i believe the Bar Trail near Oviedo on the Econ River. can't wait! and in case i can't change the title, it is november 10 not october 10th

Boardwalk closed! Read the sign at the front!! All the trails are open and it's still great

Trail was open and in good shape. I ran into a wild boar. He ran the other way.

Closed Sept 25 due to irma. Can't wait to reopen

I didn't save it right. But did a 90 minute walk Nice loop. Scared an armadillo as I tromped thru the woods. A few less mosquitoes. Love this place.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Very hot very humid and mosquitoes. I still love this trail. Keep walking. Or you'll feed the mosquito Saw dragonfly butterfly armadillo. and a big black snake at the end of the boardwalk. Dead? Digesting something? I did not disturb him. Parts of trail are wet. Not many. Some branches across two tiny parts. Update; I've been told it's a water moccasin.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Quite hot and not kidding. Keep moving because the mosquitoes are out. But the waters up and that fluorescent Moss is everywhere. 104 heat index

Monday, June 12, 2017

Fluorescent green moss is back. Lots of the spiderwebs

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Boardwalk water still low. Rains have greened things up

Monday, May 08, 2017

This is a wonderful gem of a trail. I never get tired of it

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

You have to see the boardwalk. Walk quietly so you don't disturb the birds.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Could not find any break in the overgrown side road. On to Venetian Garden...

Saturday, October 08, 2016

It's a nice trail. We went right after hurricane Matthew hit so there was trees and limbs to climb over. We saw wildlife an indigo snake and an armadillo. Downside is all the spiders! So many spiders very large ones.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

I just hiked this trail with my mom. We enjoyed it! It is well shaded by trees. The boardwalk is nice. Lots of spiders so beware.

Monday, May 23, 2016