Daubenmire Trail

Daubenmire Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Leesburg, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

canoeing

The Daubenmire Trail consists of an access trail, a 3 mile loop and 2 cross trails. The Park is located on Flat Island Preserve. The Trail is constructed by the Florida Trail Association and many dedicated volunteers.

I didn't save it right. But did a 90 minute walk Nice loop. Scared an armadillo as I tromped thru the woods. A few less mosquitoes. Love this place.

Very hot very humid and mosquitoes. I still love this trail. Keep walking. Or you'll feed the mosquito Saw dragonfly butterfly armadillo. and a big black snake at the end of the boardwalk. Dead? Digesting something? I did not disturb him. Parts of trail are wet. Not many. Some branches across two tiny parts. Update; I've been told it's a water moccasin.

Quite hot and not kidding. Keep moving because the mosquitoes are out. But the waters up and that fluorescent Moss is everywhere. 104 heat index

Fluorescent green moss is back. Lots of the spiderwebs

Boardwalk water still low. Rains have greened things up

This is a wonderful gem of a trail. I never get tired of it

You have to see the boardwalk. Walk quietly so you don't disturb the birds.

Could not find any break in the overgrown side road. On to Venetian Garden...

It's a nice trail. We went right after hurricane Matthew hit so there was trees and limbs to climb over. We saw wildlife an indigo snake and an armadillo. Downside is all the spiders! So many spiders very large ones.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

I just hiked this trail with my mom. We enjoyed it! It is well shaded by trees. The boardwalk is nice. Lots of spiders so beware.

Monday, May 23, 2016

loved it

Friday, April 22, 2016

good woody trail

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Awesome family trail! Well maintained and lots of wild life.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday, January 08, 2016

Not the best trail for trail running, but probably not a bad hiking trail. Lots of roots.