Cypress Creek Preserve Lizards Tail

Cypress Creek Preserve Lizards Tail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tampa, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

A beautiful area with swamps and cypress tress as well of forest. Great trails for hiking and lots of wildlife.

Nice area but trails could be a little better marked. Saw an armadillo. Fun!

Beautiful trail. Plenty of birds and wildlife. The blue loop is well marked but be careful on the yellow loop. You can easily go off trail like I did. The maps to the trail are kept in the black box on the trail information board in the parking. The yellow loop extends into other sections that are not marked on the map.

I would like to try this trail again, but with a good GPS. The trail is not marked well at all. As a matter of fact, I never did find the trailhead entrance. Then after I found the trail, there were 3 different unmarked path choices at one point, and discovered later that’s were I went off trail. It took me about an hour to backtrack. I would have enjoyed it so much more if it was clearly marked. The scenery is very pretty and it isn’t crowded at all, actually very isolated.

Hard to find the trailhead from the parking lot, but once there the Hardwood Forest Loop and Cypress Spur were our favorites. Noah was a tree-climbing, vine-swinging fool out there.

Hidden gem in Pasco County