Cross Florida Greenway: Marshall Swamp Trail

Cross Florida Greenway: Marshall Swamp Trail is a 4.7 mile out and back trail located near Ocala, Florida and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Nice walk

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Thursday, April 07, 2016

Beautiful.. Saw deer, turkey, woodpeckers, cranes, lots of butterflies, and flowers. Oh yeah, ticks. Be sure and use repellent. Will go back..

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Monday, April 04, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

I thought it was beautiful however it's 4.5 miles oneway so keep that in mind.trail is well marked and we saw wild turkey, woodpeckers, black snake, lots of butterflies. I will defiantly walk this trail again.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Thursday, February 04, 2016

Swampy

Friday, August 07, 2015

My girls and I have hiked Marshall Swamp multiple times. The first hike landed me a tick, the second and subsequent hikes were good except the swamp was getting really dry. I'm sure that's not the problem with all the rain lately. Bring bug spray. Mostly under trees and around swamp. Mosquitoes playground.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Very nice trail for hiking. It's about 6.24 RT miles from 64 Ave in SS to 314 in the Ocala Forest. Nicely shaded and beautiful bridges along the way. Not very well marked, also it's not a loop you need to turn back of have a car a each end.

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Saturday, November 09, 2013

My wife & I hiked Marshall Swamp trail Fri Nov 8, 2013. Complaints: There is no trail map posted at the trailhead. There is no indication as to the trail's length. There is nothing to tell a person that the trail is out to a dead end. There is no description of a destination, or whether the trail is a loop, or a dead end trail. A large bulletin board at trailhead could provide a lot of this information which would help greatly. We hiked for over an hour & turned around because we didn't know how much farther the trail went. Very frustrating.

Saturday, March 02, 2013