Croom Trail North Loop

Croom Trail North Loop is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nobleton, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.8 miles Elevation Gain: 419 feet Route Type: Loop

no standing water even after torrential rains 12 hrs prior. wildflowers, deer, and horse flies were out in force. really well marked.

awesome trail will do again. nicely marked but still make sure to have a map due to plenty crossing with other trails

We use the fire roads to cut it down under 4 miles. trails and fire roads are well-marked but definitely download the map because AT&t had intermittent service on the trail.

This was our first trail in this area. We did the North Loop. We did not see another hiker until the last mile. Really enjoyed the pine forests and elevation changes. Looking forward to hiking some of the other trails in the area.

We hiked the loop A or North loop to the crossover. Great day to hike. We saw two deers. Took some time to visit the civil war cemetery. Great loop hikes that will help you prepare for hikes outside of Florida.

The A Loop(Northern Loop) is probably the more traveled of the three loop hikes that start at Tucker Hill but yet,...you may not run into a single soul. The trail is rolling through mostly pine forest and is easy to follow. Hike it either ...clockwise or counter. I prefer clockwise. Along this trail you'll come across the infamous Peace Sign and an old diggings area(good place to take a break). Get an early start and you'll have a good chance of seeing wildlife. Today, lots of woodpeckers and deer. And...this time of year all the wildflowers are blooming. This is one of my favorites hikes.

Thank you brother Jim for the tracking polls they make the hills a whole lot nicer. The yellow trail goes into the orange trail. I didn’t do a loop someday I’ll have the time. Who drives on the forest roads I wonder?The Northtrail opens very shaded not a canopy but just lots of small Oaks. Then opens up in the Pines Pines in more Pines. You see lightning damage on the Pines. You see fire damage, a little tiny Pines very interesting not wet at all. I did see raccoon tracks in the sandy area is. Very interesting I love

Monday, June 18, 2018

Walked this trail with the family yesterday. Yellow blazes turned to orange early on so we followed those. Came out of the woods on Croom Rd. at the A-B crossing (6 miles East) instead of at the parking lot. Do yourself a favor and download the map, otherwise your 8 mile hike will turn into 15. The trail is beautiful and dry(!). Not much wild life to see but the kids had a great time running down the hills. We'll definitely do the trail again, only with a downloaded map, since there is zero cell coverage.

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Hiked the north loop last week. Not a ton of traffic through the week which is nice. The weather was perfect and the trail was beautiful.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

I tried pieces of several trails. I walked on the bike trail, which really isnt allowed I found out later on. I just did a little piece of the South Trail North Trail, I think I prefer the Northtrail. There are definitely some slopes and you'll be going down and up. Very pretty I did see a deer!

recorded Croom Trail North Loop