Croom Fools Run

Croom Fools Run is a 15.3 mile loop trail located near Brooksville, Florida. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

This was excellent. I parked near the silver lake recreation area day use lot, had some trouble finding the trail head. If you walk down to the boat ramp and look left you should see it, you have to walk under the overpass (75). We took the high water trail to B loop, and basically did the outer loop which totaled 16.89 miles. Took about 8 hours. There are a few campsites along the way you can stop at. We ate lunch at Tucker Hill campsite. The forest changes landscapes a few times which is cool. I really felt like I was in the wilderness. Didn't see a single person all day. I also only saw lizards and birds. I didn't see any sign of boar. The trail is very well marked. I'll definitely be back

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Had a great time on this trail, the weather was perfect we did 17+ mile hike. There was a point on the trail we had to turn back, under the overpass the blue trail markers were neck high in the lake. We did go through some waist high water in order to stay on the trail. No bugs or wildlife to be seen on this trip out there. I will definitely be going back to this park to explore some more.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fun race, did the 50 mile edition. My only complaint is that the start/stop area is quite far from the closest available toilet. At least put a portapotty close to the staging area.

Saturday, June 30, 2012