Conner Preserve Eastern Loop

Conner Preserve Eastern Loop is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Connerton, Florida that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Primary access is off SR 52 on south side of road about 3.5 miles east of US 41. 22500 SR 52 Land O’ Lakes, FL 34637

Very Nice trail. Different than western loop. Completely flooded at the spot where trails goes south, Had to go back and look for other routes. Then, after spotting what looked like a big black boar, and after having hiked the western loop, for 4 hours....I called it quits. 'I shall return'.

True Florida terrain and wildlife at its best! My dog and I really enjoyed hiking the trails. Some areas were wet from recent rain, but easy to navigate around. I definitely recommend it!

The trails are decent, but poorly marked and maintained. Many trail markers were on fallen trees and I had to keep my eyes carefully peeled to ensure I was heading the right way. Some loop trails were poorly maintained- one totally flooded and overgrown. I turned and headed back with soggy boots. Great wildlife none the less- many armadillos, deer, birds, and an owl!

We picked up a map at the start, it has an equestrian trail and hiking trails. We were really looking forward to a nice hike but we had to stay on the gravel road heading toward the rc airplane field because there were no actual trails. I'm sorry but I'm not hiking through swamp lands and nearly waist high grass in Florida, in the summer with all the water moccasins. Check the pictures I posted. Definitely a wasted trip.

We have been hiking these trails for the last 3 weeks. Some of the trails have been cut for fire break. Not the easiest to hike, but definitely worth the challenge. Rated as moderate (some of the trails are.) should have a hard overall rating. Well worth the views.

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Acquired in 2003 for preservation of natural systems, groundwater recharge, water quality and flood protection, the preserve offers a stunning landscape of steep sandhill ridges, expansive marshes, dense cypress sloughs and lush pine flatwoods.

paddle sports