Chacala Trail And Jackson's Gap Trail Loop

Chacala Trail And Jackson's Gap Trail Loop is a 2 mile loop trail located near Micanopy, Florida that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Chacala Trail

Used parts of this to access Cone’s Dike. The white trail section heading toward the blue triangles area is still flooded. The non-flooded areas are beautiful. And with Cone’s Dike also being flooded, it was nice to still be able to log in over 6 miles, when combining several loops. I’d hike this trail again. I felt like I was deep in some old, lovely woods. A mix of old oaks, palms, and pine, to name just a few. Very pristine—thank you to whoever is keeping the place clean.

Trail was very good. The yellow trail was well maintained in many parts. But the white trail was under water in most parts. Highly recommend not doing the trail after a large amounts of rain. Otherwise is it good trail, very beautiful.

One of the best trails in Gainesville. Lots of different scenery.

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Awesome hike and an over cast day which made it comfortable. We will do this one again. Great trails for the 4 legged babies too.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Nice
Cones dike trail is flooded probably about a mile or so in. But prior to that you'll see pigs, hear alligators, and see a lot of birds. I didn't have my trekking poles so I didn't want to wade in too deep. Plus when I heard a gator splash close by I turned around. Didn't do all of chacala pond. Next time
!!