Cary State Forest Preserve Trail

Cary State Forest Preserve Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bryceville, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

old growth

We took the horses and had a great time! Park the trailers in the grass near the information sign. The road splits there - trails to the right were muddy and not great, but trails to the left were perfect! They connect up to a power line road, plenty of room and safe, solid trails to even do some trot/canter sets to get the horses in shape. It was nice and dry and free of mud. Will definitely be going back. Would be great to take the dogs too!

off road driving

Mostly 2x4 trails with places you can go and use 4x4. I went in a rubicon Jk with another Jk. Never got stuck but definitely left muddy. I went after it rained in January. On the map it shows a straight line but plenty of trails to keep you company.

Went on a run there with 2 friends. The trail/ fire road could be marked a bit better. Pretty area to run. Bring bug spray. I recommend taking a picture of the map before you go out so you can hopefully see where you turn etc.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

I went on a Tuesday after the rain in a Subaru Crosstrek AWD. Little to moderately bumpy road, not a lot of puddles but a lot of spots where puddles can be and making driving fun and messy. Make sure you have enough gas to adventure down the many roads. Overall, I had fun and will be going back to go down the roads I missed.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Beautiful wooded area. Trails are extremely well marked. The dirt and gravel roads are great, but the deep-woods trails may flood out after rain.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

0300, my alarm goes off, I just married my wife yesterday and today she had to fly out of JAX. I drive her down and left the airport and made it to the trailhead with an hour before sunrise. I ate a breakfast on the camp stove and waited for day to break. The sound of the wind racing through the treetops was all I could hear. As day started to break I noticed a very clean and neat trail and started my hike. I only found a few traces of trash and very few human foot prints. Although coyote or feral dog prints were all about. I saw a spike and two does. Near the end of the hike I came across the equipment sheds for the troopers and inspected from afar to only see one old man napping in a truck while a light rain fell. I left the trail for a little while to build a small shelter for fun (see if you can find it). Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this hike and will return. Thank you to the troopers who maintain these lands and trails, great job guys.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016