Cary State Forest Preserve Trail

Cary State Forest Preserve Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bryceville, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

old growth

Went on a run there with 2 friends. The trail/ fire road could be marked a bit better. Pretty area to run. Bring bug spray. I recommend taking a picture of the map before you go out so you can hopefully see where you turn etc.

off road driving

I went on a Tuesday after the rain in a Subaru Crosstrek AWD. Little to moderately bumpy road, not a lot of puddles but a lot of spots where puddles can be and making driving fun and messy. Make sure you have enough gas to adventure down the many roads. Overall, I had fun and will be going back to go down the roads I missed.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Beautiful wooded area. Trails are extremely well marked. The dirt and gravel roads are great, but the deep-woods trails may flood out after rain.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

0300, my alarm goes off, I just married my wife yesterday and today she had to fly out of JAX. I drive her down and left the airport and made it to the trailhead with an hour before sunrise. I ate a breakfast on the camp stove and waited for day to break. The sound of the wind racing through the treetops was all I could hear. As day started to break I noticed a very clean and neat trail and started my hike. I only found a few traces of trash and very few human foot prints. Although coyote or feral dog prints were all about. I saw a spike and two does. Near the end of the hike I came across the equipment sheds for the troopers and inspected from afar to only see one old man napping in a truck while a light rain fell. I left the trail for a little while to build a small shelter for fun (see if you can find it). Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this hike and will return. Thank you to the troopers who maintain these lands and trails, great job guys.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016