Carter Road Trail

Carter Road Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lakeland, Florida that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Packed the sedan w 3 mtn bike’s (son, neighbor’s son and myself) and headed to Carter Rd trails in Lakeland FL. Can’t say I enjoyed the torture but it was a welcomed change.

Unexpectedly hard blue trails, and lots of mud - this could be good or bad, depending on personal taste. Felt like I was 15 again.

As far as walking goes, I wasn't too much of a fan. The trails were overgrown. I had my daughter with me so she was terrified of spiders the whole time. We did see some nice wildlife, but over all this is my least favorite local trail so far.

trail is great!!!! However, it is shared by mountain bikers and hikers. It is distracting and at times dangerous. If you are hoping to see any wildlife forget it. There should be designated days or something for different uses or designated trails.

We had a great 8mile run through the trails.. they have green, yellow and red trails red being most challenging ... we liked all of the bridges and obstacles and narrow trails ..great workout! Their were a few bikes but were considerate of runners! We are going back tomorrow love it! When you first start out you feel like is this it and it quickly gets fun fast!

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Awesome mountain bike trail but not really good for foot traffic because it can be dangerous with bikes coming out of nowhere.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Great for hiking or trail running, give the bikes the right of way.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

This was my first time on a mountain bike trail, it was spectacular, great views, plenty of shade. The only problem I had was somehow getting off the beginner trail and on to the advanced trail, that didn't work out to well for me but overall I had a great time! Will definitely be back.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Trails are good, I like to get a work out in durning the week when the trails are not busy. Some areas are washed out but not bad. Ridge riders do a great job maintaining and building trails. Keep improving, great option for riding when I don't want to go to boyette or Alafia.

Friday, November 06, 2015

It was my first time riding these trails, and I tried to get to get to every single section, but I'm not sure if I did. Overall, the trails are pretty well marked and fun to ride. The fingers offshoots are challenging but I enjoyed them very much. I will definitely return to ride these trails again.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Never seen any trash. Great riding from beginner to advance. I give it five stars!!!!!

Monday, June 10, 2013

I enjoyed the trails, nothing too impressive. Some of the trails were severely washed out, so I was disappointed with the trail quality. The ones that were in good shape were fun and twisty, but I couldn't see making the trip back out here. Sticking with Boyette.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Maybe we went on an off day or maybe we're just spoiled with how SWAMP maintains and organizes their trails, but we had a hard time following the flow of trails from one to the next. Very few were marked and lots of thick sand pits in between trails. Once we were able to find the trails...they were good. Technical and challenging...for an intermediate rider.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

This is one of the best trails that I have ridden. A must ride of you find yourself in the lakeland area!!!

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Excellent. They have trails for every level mountain biker. It's also fun for running too.
On Wednesday it's "Wacky Wednesday." You do the trails backwards.

Friday, June 16, 2017