Canaveral National Seashore [CLOSED]

Canaveral National Seashore [CLOSED] is a 23.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Titusville, Florida that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

closed

This trail is CLOSED due to damage from a Hurricane.

Trail is still CLOSED due to damage from Hurricane.

Monday, March 23, 2015

The Canaveral National Seashore is the Atlantic coastline beyond the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge. You must pay an entrance fee to get in. Even if you are just coming to lay on the beach, bring bug repellent, as the sand flies can get vicious. Be warned, certain launches of larger spacecraft will close the area.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

This national Seashore is big and offers nice waves beaches and a lot of intracoastal for canoeing and kayaking. Fishing is very nice for red drum, sharks, sea trout, snook and tarpon.

I have been in Mosquito Lagoon for primitive camping. Let me tell you this is the most adventurous camping trip i ever had. i had to paddle about 2 to 3 miles to get to the primitive camping spot in one of the island. Them, i have fished for two days with a body of mine. We were able to eat from our catch all the trip. This is not for beginners in the world of camping out doors or paddling. For example, in the way back my buddy and i had to paddle for 3 hours and a half due to counter current and we also did not bring a GPS. The way back is totally different so i recommend bringing a GPS

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Bring the strongest mosquito spray you can get your hands on. I used 21%, sprayed before getting dressed, at car - all over. I STILL had them all over me. Reapplied 2 more times during hike, ended up turning around after <15mins. I have over 80 bites. *i am one of those that attracts skeeters, but next time, i'm bathing in pure DEET.

The place is spectacular though. Gorgeous beaches too. Crossed paths with a HUGE gator on side of road... His head was in brush, tail out. I stepped right over it before realizing... I'll post pics.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

This is a great hike to look for wildlife and shore birds. Its a diverse wetlands habitat with a surprise: sometimes you can look to the south and see the space shuttle being prepared for a launch.