Bulow Woods Hiking Trail

Bulow Woods Hiking Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ormond Beach, Florida that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Ormond Beach, FL: Travel approximately 5 miles north along Old Dixie Highway to reach the southern entrance. Trail begins from the main parking lot.

The trail is flooded. Only about a half mile on each end is usable. The ruins are blocked off as well.

Very fun trail... but make sure you bring your bug spray. I've never seen so many mosquitoes and I've lived in Florida all of my life.

I am new to trails but loved the twist and turns. The shade was awesome as we got a late start, but amazing views.

Welcome to "Jurassic Park". Haha. Fun single track through the Jungle. Lots of roots in one spot, but overall very cool trail.

Great hike! 13 miles.
Begun at the Southern end and walked it back after reaching the Bulow Creek Plantation Ruins entrance. Definitely signs of wildlife such as deer, armadillo, raccoons, woodpeckers, etc. We pretty much did the Bulow Creek Hiking Trail, Wahlin Trailn, Fairchild Oak Trail, Pond Observation Trail and Hammock Trail all in one go.
We did step off the main trail in between Walter Boardman Rd and the power lines to go climb a tree (we do that often for some reason) and got lost in the thick palmetto brush. Good times!
The trails are very well shaded by the canopy but honestly, isn't very scenic. Some great spots to maneuver between fallen trees, chill at some nicely built boardwalks overlooking some flora and is a little muddy at the beginning. Heard about gators and snakes, saw none.
Either way, good time out there, very well marked trails and definitely recommended.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Friday, May 13, 2016

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

the North side of the bike trail was quite rooty. my gf wrecked but was ok. I saw gators, armidillos and a deer. very pretty

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Sunday, January 10, 2016

I traveled from North Florida looking for trails to hike with my dog. I was a bit thrown off at first by the residential neighborhoods surrounding the area including inside the state park. However, once we found Fairchild (make sure this is where you park) the trail was not crowded a bit. Typical Florida trail, flat, a little muddy, but some lovely scenery. Some swampy scenic area the first mile, a marsh second mile, a small stream past the third mile. We saw some tortoises & beautiful wetland birds. I took the trail in January so no problem with bugs! Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Found this beautiful place while on a beach vacation. I can only handle so many days of staring at the surf with a beer in hand, so I did a little searching and tackled this trail on a muggy Florida day. Amazing trail, swampy and primordial. The flora was spectacular--huge live oaks in every direction, interspersed with swamps and scrubland. I truly felt transported to a pre-human era. Such a wonderous place, although the 5 or 6 huge black snakes I saw along the trail creeped me out a bit! Don't do this trail if you don't like reptiles!