The reviews looked good. people mentioned it's a great place to take dogs so we thought we'd check it out. Turns out, dogs are not allowed on the trails, although I can't imagine why. Well, I'm a rebel at heart so we took a chance. We did the Flatwoods trail and it turned out to be about 1.6 miles. The trails are marked well and if you download the map from the Brooker Creek website, it's very easy to follow the markers on the trail you want to take. I'd like to go back and do the full four miles when it's not so late in the day. It's a pretty good hiking experience overall. The trails are wide and for the most part, you travel under the trees with light shining through but there were a lot more areas in direct sunlight than I had anticipated. if we go back, I will definitely put on sunscreen. it's worth mentioning that as we were coming back out to the parking lot, someone was heading toward the trails with a dog as well so based on that along with the previous reviews, I'm guessing the no dogs rule is overlooked for those who clean up after their pets? One can only speculate but I do wonder if there is a fine if caught.