Brooker Creek Preserve Loop Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tarpon Springs, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Great trail. I enjoyed it greatly.

The reviews looked good. people mentioned it's a great place to take dogs so we thought we'd check it out. Turns out, dogs are not allowed on the trails, although I can't imagine why. Well, I'm a rebel at heart so we took a chance. We did the Flatwoods trail and it turned out to be about 1.6 miles. The trails are marked well and if you download the map from the Brooker Creek website, it's very easy to follow the markers on the trail you want to take. I'd like to go back and do the full four miles when it's not so late in the day. It's a pretty good hiking experience overall. The trails are wide and for the most part, you travel under the trees with light shining through but there were a lot more areas in direct sunlight than I had anticipated. if we go back, I will definitely put on sunscreen. it's worth mentioning that as we were coming back out to the parking lot, someone was heading toward the trails with a dog as well so based on that along with the previous reviews, I'm guessing the no dogs rule is overlooked for those who clean up after their pets? One can only speculate but I do wonder if there is a fine if caught.

Gorgeous trail - quiet and well marked. One of my favs.

My favorite trail and this area! There's plenty of offshoots from the main trail to explore. Lots of people walk their dogs here - my dog loves it too!

Typical Florida scrub trail. Not too much was happening when I went through. Try early morning to see any birds or etc. The trail is very wide and can be watery during rainy seasons.

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Beautiful trail!

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

A beautiful hike!!!

Monday, March 20, 2017

I practice load adjusting my pack, and start training my legs and ankles for trailing here. Be forewarned the back part of the loop may have pockets of knee deep water during the rainy season, and soft mud in places. All said though this a great trail walking experience. Loved every minute of it and there are some of the best, most animal knowledgeable guides I have seen.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Lots of wide trails.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

The area I was in was nice but I wish the trails for hikers was longer. The long trail is a horses trail and not for hikers. If you are doing anything besides horseback riding then you will get a ticket and from what I understand it's an $80 ticket for anything besides horseback riding on that trail

Friday, July 22, 2016