Boldly Go Bike Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Venice, Florida that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 4.2 miles Elevation Gain: 19 feet Route Type: Loop

First time on this trail, and my wife and I loved it. We’ll definitely be back. Confess that I fell back into the bushes being in a bad gear for “Area 51.” There are roots, branches, minor water/mud sections and twisting narrow pathways on the main trail, but it is all well laid out (I think by a Formula One designer!). Recommend 2 water bottles and a snack of some sort. Parking was sufficient. Although others were there, we didn’t see anyone until back in the parking lot.

Started at the boldlygo entrance and went almost 13 miles of well marked trails - just followed the bike/hike posts until the back-to-parking posts. Followed those back to lot. No problems. Nice and dry. A flat and twisting trail - good for endurance training. Some man-made bumps were fun and a nice surprise. Not enough speed (for me) to jump. Had a lot of fun. Very convenient to Venice. I’ll be going back often until rainy season.

Extreamely Wet!!!! And we ended up getting a bit lost. but Have returned 3 times since then for T. Mabry's other trails! One of our number 1 favorites so far

Tuesday, April 05, 2016