Blue Spring Campground

Blue Spring Campground is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Orange City, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and camping and is accessible year-round.

amazing park and camp site. lots to do from swimming in the spring, looking at manatees, or hiking the trail

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Beautiful spring! My wife and I made a short afternoon visit and enjoyed the boardwalk which stretches from the river entrance to the head with nice viewing of manatees and lots of alligator gar.

Friday, May 08, 2015

Great park, we were there in the AM during the week so did not experience the congestion, but you can tell it gets busy! Boardwalk is beautifully maintained.

Nice walks with our dogs, but be aware that we came back with lots of ticks!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Really nice park, but can get very congested on the weekends during the winter months when the manatees are in the spring. We've stayed here in a 42' fifth wheel camper, so it can get a bit tight for a rig our size. Not the actual sites them self, but the tightness of backing into. If you like to kayak, you can launch into the river right there at the park. If you like to bike ride, the Spring-to-Spring trail is right across the street.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Swimming with manatees in the most beautiful spring in Florida. Need I say more.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

In the winter, the manatee viewing is phenomenal. I must have seen a hundred of them. The boardwalk is well maintained, also. I wish I would have opted to rent a kayak. Beware, they don't list on the website but you cannot walk your dogs to the boil at the end of the boardwalk, which is a shame. The Pine Island trail is going through conservation efforts and a lot of it is deforested which is also a bummer.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday, January 21, 2013

Beautiful place with lots to see. The trail follows the spring where in winter months you can see manatee, alligators and garr. Beautifully maintained grounds and home from original owner. The bathrooms are clean, nice playground and shaded picnic areas. They have affordable cabins and camping and access to the river. Our family had a blast:)

Monday, April 30, 2012

My last visit was January 2012 I drove through the camp ground to evaluate it for camping later. Fair sized lots and good shade. I hiked along the short boardwalk that to see the Manatee. There were plenty as well as huge Tarpon as well as well as Wild Turkey. i;ii return!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Nice stretch of river to paddle the entire day. You will see manatees and in the blue spring portion of creek there are huge tarpons that you can not fish :(. during the winter you can not swim in the spring water however the rest of the year is open.

The spring is impressive, really beautiful and clear water in white sand.