Blackwater Park to Alligator Creek

Blackwater Park to Alligator Creek is a 6.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Milton, Florida that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

the Florida trail is awesome and well maintained it is a beautiful trail

Didn't actually get to do the trail because there is a $4 parking fee. Would have been happy to pay it, had I known, but I didn't have any cash on me.

Part of the Florida Trail. You can do this trail all the way up to Red Rocks road and connect to the Sweetwater Creek and Juniper Creek trail. I did this as just a little out and back to Alligator Creek.

I tried to do this hike back in summer, and had to turn around after a mile. I didn't have nearly enough water. If its hot, bring a lot of water. The first 2 miles is through a lot of sparse pine forest. Unlike some of the trails around in here in the Pines, the forest hasn't been burned in quite a while so there is quite a bit of underbrush off trail. Eventually, the trail hooks back up to Jupiter creek, even though you do not even get to see it, you get more into the hardwoods that provide more shade. I turned around at Alligator creek that had a pretty cool little foot bridge. The water was really clear and cool. The doggo loved it!

Other wise, kind of a typical little Florida hike in the pines, that eventually dives down into a ravine for the creek. The bugs were a little annoying once we got close to the creek, but not bad if you just keep moving. Anyway, a nice little outing and a change of scenery. There were a surprising amount of footprints; I think there is a band of trail runners that regularly traverse this trail. The trail had been recently mowed, and it was very easy to traverse. I am not sure if they mow it regularly, but it was great to walk a nicely maintained trail.

Friday, January 27, 2017