Blackwater Heritage / Military Heritage Trail

Blackwater Heritage / Military Heritage Trail is a 19 mile out and back trail located near Milton, Florida that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

Nice, paved, wide trail. I live footsteps away - just about 1.5 miles in from the beginning so I'm on a couple times a week. Slight elevation gain between historic Milton and the NAS. Best used for biking but loses a star for all the stop signs early on and the couple of intersections with Munson hwy.

Very nice wide paved trail. I was the only person walking it; everyone else was zooming past me on bikes. It's an incredibly long out and back, with multiple areas to park your car and jump on it. On the portion I did, much of it was facing east/west-ish and the setting sun was directly in my eyes on the way back. I recommend going as late as possible in the summer months due to the heat

Paved entire way. Hard on the knees unless you walk along the edge of the path a ways. Easily accessible from many locations. Easy trail.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My baby and I strolled the path with ease in the stroller. It was enjoyable!

Friday, May 13, 2016

My Fiance and I rode this trail and it a was beautiful and peaceful ride. We ate at the hot dog hut on Stewart st after and the owner was so friendly. This is definitely a place to come back to.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

One of my favorite places. I have been going there for years

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday, January 10, 2015

surfing
Friday, December 26, 2014

I have biked this trail before and remembered how relatively flat it is with pretty views all good the way.
This time we sidewalk surfed this on our new longboards and had a blast! Great trail we'll be back!

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Nice trail to ride that doesn't require biking up steep hills. It's perfect for people that just want a leisurely long trail. There are a few bridges that cross over small creeks. I have seen many snakes in the creeks and along the trail route so be on the lookout for dangerous wildlife. I have biked this trail at least 3 times and every time has been wonderful.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

9 mile paved biking/walking/horseback riding trail. I love this trail! I rode nearly every weekend. It is well maintained and very safe for going it alone.