Bear Creek Educational Forest via Bear Creek Loop Trail

Bear Creek Educational Forest via Bear Creek Loop Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Quincy, Florida that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Move the whole top portion of the trail in red to the upper dotted line and there you have the Bear Creek loop. It's actually 3 miles and an easy 45-60 minutes...Depending on the number of times you are trapped by awful spiders. This trail was interesting, but they were out of control. YUUUUGE spiders centered on their webs over and over and over along the trail...by the first half mile, I was running waving a giant stick in front of myself...Even as I type this, I am plucking horrid yellowish webs and spider parts from my hat and shoulders. Maybe that's part and parcel of panhandle Florida...I don't know.

More elevation change than I expected from Florida, so that was a nice workout, but on the whole...spiders made it gross. Also. It's a fee area (two bucks as of today) so out of towners beware.

Something to do on a work trip, but I'll be looking for something else tomorrow.