Learn more

Bahia Honda Bridge is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Big Pine Key, Florida and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and camping and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 0.7 miles Elevation Gain: 29 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

This State Park is beautiful with tons of space to walk. I highly recommend walking over to the Bayside Campground. Check out my YouTube video by searching for Nash Potatoes Outdoor Show. Enjoy!

Not really a trail, but this is a nice park with several beautiful beaches. Could not swim at loggerhead beach due to high man o' war numbers. The view from the old bridge is nice.

Mon Apr 29 2019

Driving through the Florida Keys, stop off at Bahia Honda and you can do a little nature trail with informational placards as well as see the damaged bridge. The beach and bay here are spectacular. Camping is allowed.

Thu Dec 06 2018

Loved the walk. The beach is beautiful. My only complaint is that it could have been longer.

Wed Nov 14 2018

we can tear for two nights and watch the sunset and even better, the sunrise from the top of the bridge!

Thu Mar 30 2017

not really a trail...5 min walk to the bridge. not bad view of area

Wed Jul 01 2015

One of the greatest times I've ever had! One of my favorite places in the world - sublime.

Thu Feb 05 2015

Wonderful area and the beach is amazing. One of my favorite places with my classmates studying coastal marine ecology. This island is beautiful, and holds so many wonders that go unseen at first glance.

Wed Jan 02 2013

We camped for 3 nights in the Bayside camp area, which is only tents and a few cabins. Very quite, during New Year's weekend. Make sure you have strong tent stakes and a mallet because the ground is rock hard. Saw a great variety of birds including herons and egrets, as well as iguanas. Be sure to check out the beaches and nature trails.

paddle sports
Sat Apr 21 2012

Bahia Honda is a beautiful beach on the South side of the key. There is a small island that is worth the short trip by kayak. Use bug repellent for the sand fleas. I went in October and there were few people there.

Tue Apr 10 2012

top of the notch when it comes to a beautiful natural key in florida. It offers the best beaches of the keys that you can get by driving. The camp sites are very nice specially the ones located in front of the beach. The cabins are awesome, they have everything a simple vacation home can offer. For those that like fly fishing, fishing, snorkeling, canoeing, sky surfing and kayaking you can enjoy a nice day here. There is a marina with boat ramp, internet and concession store.

Mon Dec 05 2011

Bahia Honda State Park gets two thumbs up! Spring break this year, we waited until the last minute to book a camping spot in the Keys. When I first checked Bahia Honda SP, they were completely booked. I went to bed that night so upset and disappointed since we were supposed to be leaving the next day. The following morning I awoke and went to the computer to search again. Almost all Florida state parks were booked so when I thought about checking Bahia Honda again, I thought it was a long shot. Low and behold there was a cancellation and we got in. I am so thankful because this is truly one of the most beautiful beaches ever! Pros: -Camping is cheap, so this is a great way to see the Florida Keys on a budget. -Several different beach areas make it easy to find a spot. -Bicycle friendly- this is an easy way to get around the park. -Restrooms are clean and had plenty of lighting at night. -Walking trails take you into areas of the park you wouldn't see by car. Cons: -Books up far in advance; I checked and the tent only sites are already booked for spring 2012. -The sites in the RV/ tent area have seen so much traffic that the gravel pads have been pressed down and are basically like concrete. Bring appropriate equipment if tent camping. There's also very little between you and your neighbor so there isn't any privacy unless you're inside an RV.

recorded Recording - Aug 12, 11:16 AM