Anclote River Nature Park

Anclote River Nature Park is a 2.1 mile out and back trail located near Tarpon Springs, Florida and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Lots of trails and picnic tables in wooded nature park. If you are looking for a nice stroll out to the river this is a very nice park. Well maintained trails with moderate presence of human activity. There are picnic benches, lot of parking and canoe launches in the area.

I’ve hiked this trail maybe 30 times. It’s close to home and is very easy and short with minimal people. Lots of water views but I have to say that 80% of the time you get swarmed with the WORST bugs I’ve ever encountered hiking in Florida.

I will definitely come back but next time having covered myself in insect repellant. There are a great many sections teaming with deer flies so be prepared. It is a pleasurable hike with benches scattered throughout. Several spots are open to the waterways. It looks to be a great place to fish and bird watch.

This is a great trail for a beginner, very easy to navigate; it's clean, pretty, very enjoable.

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Great trail

Sunday, September 06, 2015

This was a fine area, and we took our dog, but there were way too many bugs near the water. They looked like tiny bees and we're just everywhere. Does anyone know what they are called?

Friday, January 08, 2016