Alafia State Park Trail

Alafia State Park Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lithia, Florida that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

I accomplished many trails I've never been on. 7 black trails! It was nice to ride with my group and had the opportunity to follow behind someone who was willing to guide me through without jumps. Amazing day! Wish I lived closer.

If you're going for a ride, this place is ideal. Unfortunately for us hikers they didn't leave a lot for us. There is only one hiker only trail I found, and to their credit it was a great little trail. About as challenging a hike as you can find in the very flat state of Florida. Also a ton of off shoots with nice little prizes. The problem was that trail was short. I completed it in about a half an hour. Every other trail available to me was a horse trail. Most of it was not under the canopy, rather wide, with no challenge or view. Every time I saw a trail I wanted to walk, it was bikes only. After walking on a trail that ran under power lines for a couple miles, I turned back and went home. Wanted to like this park, but it felt like hiking was an afterthought for them.

Good place to ride mountain bikes! brought my son for his first bike ride.

Well marked and maintained trails. Multiple trails to choose from based on your experience. The green trails are easy enough for any beginner, and the blue and black trails are fun and challenging.

Awesome.

Surprised to find this little gem in Florida. Can be technical at times. Loved the rides.

It was fun...until we got lost. The maps aren’t worth a crap and somehow we ended up on the horse trail. Plenty of bugs to go around. I was miserable by the time we got back but BOY did we get a work out. Very adventurous and a good place to unwind in nature if you’re good at navigating with crappy maps.

Best mountain biking you can find in FL. Variety of single tracks for any skill levels all the way to double Black trails.

Awesome trails! Just gotta make sure e you stay on trail. Watch for the colored tees to make sure you’re on trail and you’ll be fine!!! One of my favs for sure!

My favorite mtn bike trail around, especially because you can find yourself doing a series of trails, and choose to either start and finish each at the trailhead, or do one loooong trail hike.

I like the trailhead w new restrooms, covered picnic tables and bike wash. This allows me to take a break and relax a bit before tackling the next trail.

Call or visit the website for the hours. It’s summer and they’re open till 730. Which is nice. They’re actually no bugs right now. I did the phosphate mine trail twice and it is steep. Keep a lookout on the red signs on the trees. I took a couple wrong turns but got back on the path. The River Loop, Trail was interesting but I never could stay on the red trail at one point I was on the bike trail I’m pretty sure. It was interesting there is over a dozen car is in the parking lot. But I never saw anyone on the trail except for one other person and that was another walker with the dog I wonder where they all were On the phosphate mine trail you’ll really enjoy all of the Firemans or simply marvelous.

Alafia River State Park is absolutely beautiful. the Old Agrico hiking trail is exactly the type of trail I've been looking for in Florida, there's a lot of hills due it's history of being an old phosphate mine. The only thing I'd advise, is if you're there only to hike, ask for a map of the bike trails also. The trails for the bikers aren't labeled that well, and if you find yourself lost in a slew of them, your hiking trail map isn't going to help you much. Very wonderful park. I'll definitely be back soon.

Awesome trails!!! Loved it!!!

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Fun for hiking! It's good to know the rent bikes too, my wife and I can't wait to go back.

Monday, June 12, 2017

This was amazing. Best trails I've ever been too. And for only 5 bucks. You can't get better than this, it's definitely worth going

Monday, April 24, 2017

Fun Fun Fun trails!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

no gators this time, loads of fun

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Not the best park for hiking and/or birding. This park is best for Mountain biking. Park employees are friendly and professionals.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Great location. Trails are a lot of fun. Trail marking could be better.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

amazing trails. definitely going back to explore more.

Monday, January 16, 2017

my favorite biking trail

Monday, December 26, 2016

Really enjoyed running these trails. It was very busy this morning with mtn bikes but once I was on the trails I easily got lost looking for what was around the next bend.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Lovely park and being from the north, we enjoyed the wide open spaces, however; for HIKERS: only the easy river loop and the Red 1 mile hiking trail are marked. I suggest you bring lots of water and trail markers if you seek a more challenging hike. The marked trails are an easy hike, all of maybe 2-3 miles at most. There are many others some that are very difficult and a good workout but they are not marked, the 'exit' signs simply bring you out of that trail and into another. We are seasoned hikers and got lost in the woods for over an hour as your sense of direction becomes extremely distorted. Do not call the park Rangers for help, they are not there and you have to leave a message. When we finally found our way out, we came across a park Ranger on a small bulldozer and we asked why the trails are not better marked and get reply was 'they are marked the best we can', I replied well all the trails on this side are not marked at all to which her explanation was, no they are only marked at the beginning of the trail and the end, nothing in between. I find that unacceptable for a park we pay to use, a can a trail marker doesn't cost that much. I also inquired as to why she was not somehow connected to the phones or why no one answered them, even a central state park call center, her reply, no funding. So, while we will return as there are amazing, challenging trails and is close to home, we will be much smarter next time.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

awesome staff, very well maintained. no matter your skill level on a mtn bike, you'll find the perfect trail. full bike wash, tools and air supplied by a local bike shop (AJ's in Brandon. they rent bikes at the shop too)
the hiking and horseback trails must be great too as its always full of people. there are so many miles of trails that even with the overflow parking lot full, you rarely run into anyone

Very Good!

Amazing

Great

Friday, June 03, 2016

Love to ride here. Love to hike here. Love to camp here.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Best on a mountain bike. Some of the best trails in FL

Friday, January 29, 2016