Alafia State Park Trail

Alafia State Park Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lithia, Florida that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

rails trails

This was amazing. Best trails I've ever been too. And for only 5 bucks. You can't get better than this, it's definitely worth going

Fun Fun Fun trails!!

no gators this time, loads of fun

Not the best park for hiking and/or birding. This park is best for Mountain biking. Park employees are friendly and professionals.

Great location. Trails are a lot of fun. Trail marking could be better.

amazing trails. definitely going back to explore more.

my favorite biking trail

Really enjoyed running these trails. It was very busy this morning with mtn bikes but once I was on the trails I easily got lost looking for what was around the next bend.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Lovely park and being from the north, we enjoyed the wide open spaces, however; for HIKERS: only the easy river loop and the Red 1 mile hiking trail are marked. I suggest you bring lots of water and trail markers if you seek a more challenging hike. The marked trails are an easy hike, all of maybe 2-3 miles at most. There are many others some that are very difficult and a good workout but they are not marked, the 'exit' signs simply bring you out of that trail and into another. We are seasoned hikers and got lost in the woods for over an hour as your sense of direction becomes extremely distorted. Do not call the park Rangers for help, they are not there and you have to leave a message. When we finally found our way out, we came across a park Ranger on a small bulldozer and we asked why the trails are not better marked and get reply was 'they are marked the best we can', I replied well all the trails on this side are not marked at all to which her explanation was, no they are only marked at the beginning of the trail and the end, nothing in between. I find that unacceptable for a park we pay to use, a can a trail marker doesn't cost that much. I also inquired as to why she was not somehow connected to the phones or why no one answered them, even a central state park call center, her reply, no funding. So, while we will return as there are amazing, challenging trails and is close to home, we will be much smarter next time.