Alafia State Park Trail

Alafia State Park Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lithia, Florida that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

My favorite mtn bike trail around, especially because you can find yourself doing a series of trails, and choose to either start and finish each at the trailhead, or do one loooong trail hike.

I like the trailhead w new restrooms, covered picnic tables and bike wash. This allows me to take a break and relax a bit before tackling the next trail.

Call or visit the website for the hours. It’s summer and they’re open till 730. Which is nice. They’re actually no bugs right now. I did the phosphate mine trail twice and it is steep. Keep a lookout on the red signs on the trees. I took a couple wrong turns but got back on the path. The River Loop, Trail was interesting but I never could stay on the red trail at one point I was on the bike trail I’m pretty sure. It was interesting there is over a dozen car is in the parking lot. But I never saw anyone on the trail except for one other person and that was another walker with the dog I wonder where they all were On the phosphate mine trail you’ll really enjoy all of the Firemans or simply marvelous.

Alafia River State Park is absolutely beautiful. the Old Agrico hiking trail is exactly the type of trail I've been looking for in Florida, there's a lot of hills due it's history of being an old phosphate mine. The only thing I'd advise, is if you're there only to hike, ask for a map of the bike trails also. The trails for the bikers aren't labeled that well, and if you find yourself lost in a slew of them, your hiking trail map isn't going to help you much. Very wonderful park. I'll definitely be back soon.

Awesome trails!!! Loved it!!!

Fun for hiking! It's good to know the rent bikes too, my wife and I can't wait to go back.

Monday, June 12, 2017

This was amazing. Best trails I've ever been too. And for only 5 bucks. You can't get better than this, it's definitely worth going

Monday, April 24, 2017

Fun Fun Fun trails!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

no gators this time, loads of fun

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Not the best park for hiking and/or birding. This park is best for Mountain biking. Park employees are friendly and professionals.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Great location. Trails are a lot of fun. Trail marking could be better.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

amazing trails. definitely going back to explore more.

Monday, January 16, 2017

my favorite biking trail

Monday, December 26, 2016

Really enjoyed running these trails. It was very busy this morning with mtn bikes but once I was on the trails I easily got lost looking for what was around the next bend.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Lovely park and being from the north, we enjoyed the wide open spaces, however; for HIKERS: only the easy river loop and the Red 1 mile hiking trail are marked. I suggest you bring lots of water and trail markers if you seek a more challenging hike. The marked trails are an easy hike, all of maybe 2-3 miles at most. There are many others some that are very difficult and a good workout but they are not marked, the 'exit' signs simply bring you out of that trail and into another. We are seasoned hikers and got lost in the woods for over an hour as your sense of direction becomes extremely distorted. Do not call the park Rangers for help, they are not there and you have to leave a message. When we finally found our way out, we came across a park Ranger on a small bulldozer and we asked why the trails are not better marked and get reply was 'they are marked the best we can', I replied well all the trails on this side are not marked at all to which her explanation was, no they are only marked at the beginning of the trail and the end, nothing in between. I find that unacceptable for a park we pay to use, a can a trail marker doesn't cost that much. I also inquired as to why she was not somehow connected to the phones or why no one answered them, even a central state park call center, her reply, no funding. So, while we will return as there are amazing, challenging trails and is close to home, we will be much smarter next time.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

awesome staff, very well maintained. no matter your skill level on a mtn bike, you'll find the perfect trail. full bike wash, tools and air supplied by a local bike shop (AJ's in Brandon. they rent bikes at the shop too)
the hiking and horseback trails must be great too as its always full of people. there are so many miles of trails that even with the overflow parking lot full, you rarely run into anyone

Very Good!

Amazing

Great

Friday, June 03, 2016

Love to ride here. Love to hike here. Love to camp here.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Best on a mountain bike. Some of the best trails in FL

Friday, January 29, 2016

Amazing

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Beautiful Florida trail.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Nice trails. Will bring bike next time.

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Great Biking for all experience levels, are smooth and flow well!!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Best biking around!

Thursday, December 11, 2014

This place is incredible. The Swamp takes great care to c make the best trails in Florida! whether you're a veteran or a pro the park is great.

Friday, September 05, 2014

Intermediate trails have great flow and are a lot of fun...Roller Coaster, North Creek, and Magic Island. Bridges has some pretty good hills which were also a lot of fun.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The only reason I could agree with this park being harder than Markham is cause half the expert sections have ditches that, if hit too fast, you could end up in the swamp, and the swamp is full of lizards, the big, prehistoric ones lol. So that gives it a sense of danger, other than that, this park can be done very fast, lots of fun! Didn't finish it all on my first trip but will def go again in a week or two and rip it to pieces!!

Most memorable: Gatorback... Jesus Christ!!! O.o

Thursday, May 30, 2013

This is the best park in florida hands down, I a from ft lauderdale and a veteran of Markham park, Amelia park and quiet waters all three of these are in this park- Awesome! moonscape, roller coaster all the blues and up are great- moonscape is no joke though I completed it but def take care!

Sunday, January 06, 2013

North Creek and Rollercoaster are awesome!