Ais Trail Park

Ais Trail Park is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palm Bay, Florida that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

paddle sports

Since the dog park was closed because of the storm we brought the dog here to let him run on the trails. When we were walking out we noticed 2 police cars parked at our car. They asked us for our drivers License. They detained us and questioned why we would walk our dog here. We were blatantly harassed because we are gay. We had done nothing but use the park to walk our dog. I thought this was a public park.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

This trail has changed. I usually go during the day. I did notice that the area is controlled by the police department if you don’t enjoy there company then best stay away. But I never had a problem there. I see a lot of people walk there dogs there and kayak. The gate use to be open where your able to park your car not anymore. I think the park is for the neighbor behind it, only because I see people there but not cars. It’s also has picnic tables.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Do not go on this trail alone. Bring friends with you. Where strong shoes or boots. A lot of leaves and shrubs. They have a small boardwalk and seating. They do have restrooms. More for adults, there are no rails. You can also go fishing there. You can park your car on the left side but also inside but when you finish the trail you'll be near the bathroom all depends where you start. This app is very friendly and helped me on my way out. I did upload pictures.

Monday, February 29, 2016

A short, easy trail that features both dirt and wooden boardwalk sections with creek overlooks. There are also onsite restrooms and an area to launch kayaks/canoes. For a slightly longer trail, you can connect the Ais Trail to Dewar Park via a boardwalk. Dewar Park is a paved neighborhood park that features a pond and a paved loop. Turtles and water birds are common in both areas. For a longer hiking experience, try the nearby Turkey Creek Sanctuary.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017