Swamp Forest Trail is a 6.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bear, Delaware that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.8 miles Elevation Gain: 157 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

I loved this trail. Enclosed by green most of the way and running around the pond gives a lot of things to distract you!

An excellent trail with all kinds of locations. Long but good!

This trail is easy and pretty around the lake. There are a bunch of shoot-off paths to explore. You can make it short or go 8+ miles around the lake.

Nice hike around the pond. Nothing spectacular but a nice challenge for a nice day.

4.11.2020 - Beautiful 55° day! Went hiking with my dog. He enjoyed it and it tired us both out. Only had 1.5 waters and I needed more. Great trail, great views, friendly people.

Less many gapers today thankfully

Gapers Galore

Jerry City

Excellent trail for walking or biking. I've read other reviews and I have to say that this is a trail you can build up speed on for the most part. Some sections require you to slow down, but for the most part I consider it to be a relatively moderate-high speed trail. Or perhaps I'm just a crazy rider. By far the best trail in my book around this area. I call it the Perfect Hour trail, for that is about how long it will take you to ride it. This trail is a Must to do during peak week in fall.

trail closed every day but Sunday due to shotgun hunting. No sign until half mile in.

Very good trail for biking, expect to see runners too. The trail goes around lums pond and it’s very scenic. The trail itself is moderate not really easy, it has few roots and climbs and a lot of trees to navigate you can’t really build up speed on this.

recorded Swamp Forest Trail

Easy trail. Mostly shaded. Well used, there are a few places that the trail isn’t well marked, I just kept the pond in my right and kept walking!!

Mostly shaded not very buggy. Walked up on some wildlife. Did the hike with my 2 year old in a Kelty bag and he enjoyed it!

This trail was a wonderful surprise. We hiked the trail starting at lot number 3 and took our time. Took us about three hours. We stopped and rested at the benches and took some great pictures. Bring plenty of water to drink and bring wet wipes in case you have girls who need to use the porta potty at the boat ramp that is close to the half way point. Highly recommend this trail.

we do love this trail. last time we went was in the winter before the leaves came out. it was a brand new trail with all of its foliage.

bridge out

We

Great trail. Mostly marked well but can be a little confusing at times. If planning on trail running, there are spots to run but a lot of the trail is unsafe with a lot of tree roots. went middle of the day and only saw three other people.

Great trail! A mixture of different scenery which is nice! However this is an 8 mile hike, not 6.

Easy, pretty run around the water. Dry, except for a few muddy spots.

Sun Apr 21 2019

I love this trail for it’s wooded view, birds and peacefulness. Get way to destress while exercising my dog.

Sun Mar 24 2019

Sat Mar 23 2019

Great leisurely hike around the pond. Pretty muddy today but typically would be nice packed mostly flat.

Sun Mar 03 2019

Nice loop around the pond. Flat. Mostly dirt trail but a few paved and gravel areas near the campground and disc golf /boat rental. Not sure why but a portion of the trail was closed behind the campground. I went through campground and caught the trail again at the boat ramp. Also, what is up with all the dog crap? Gross. First time I've seen it like this.

Mon Feb 25 2019

hiked part of the trail but could not do the entire so took connected trail and double back to the jersey trail and then service road to parking lot.

Sat Feb 23 2019