Prickly Pear Trail Loop

Prickly Pear Trail Loop is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located in the state of Delaware that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Horses are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

beach

This trail offers a 3.5-mile loop perfect for exploring the park's open meadows, young hardwood and pine forests, and a view of the Indian River Bay. The trail is 8' wide with a variable surface and is open to hiking, bicycling, and horseback riding. Two connector trails provide community access at several locations throughout Fresh Pond.

Super simple all flat trail. The first mile or so was on graveI and it smelt great with all the pine trees around. I definitely recommend bug spray for this, as I was getting attacked all over, especially near the canal. To my surprise I got to see an old abandoned barn. Took me about 30 minutes to get here from 30th st. in Ocean CIty, MD. I think this trail would be best suited for a bike ride or a jog. Plan on going back in the fall to see how it is then.