Iron Hill Park

Iron Hill Park is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Newark, Delaware and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

We liked the trail but lost the markers a
So we didn't do the actual trail. Will come back for a redo.

Beautiful green foliage! Nice inclines! Intersects with Disc Golf course. Hikers' warning: this trail wasn't clearly marked. Had to use the Alltrails app to navigate through. Well worth it! One of the pups favorite short hikes!

Hard to follow the trail (blue trail). It went right next to the highway a few times, and we had to jump over a bunch of mud puddles!

geocaching

First time visiting this park and we're definitely coming back. Lots of trails and lots of geocaches. Great combination!

there is some good mountain biking here if you are a more advanced biker. lots of rooty and rocky side trails. good uphill climbs must have decent cardio. could give it more stars if the trails were longer. but if you look around there is some fun challenging stuff.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Hike here on a regular basis. Love it! Trails will give you a great workout! Offers a disc golf course also which is great but sometimes a little frustrating because trails run with the course and I always feel bad interrupting a groups effort in playing. Most groups are very courteous and all works out well! Would definitely recommend but be prepared to take time if it's your first time there. Great hiking!

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Are you kidding me?? Tried biking this trail and gave up about 2 miles into it. The trail is not for biking. My bike doesn't have turbo boost to propel me over logs and 4 foot wide creeks. I had to get off my bike several times to walk over these large logs, roots that were several inches high, and basically mush that my bike sank into. I could see how this would an adventurous hike on foot but not for bikers. I'm a fairly seasoned biker and have done moderate-aggressive trails so it's not me. Plus it's not marked, no map out front or a take-with-you map to even have any idea where you are. Like others have said it branches off several times so you have no idea if you are on the loop or not. Walk the trail first and then see for yourself if it's worth biking.

Friday, January 17, 2014

We have hiked the area several times, and have only seen hikers but there has been evidence of bikes. The trails are not marked, with rare exception. The paths are pretty obvious, and general guidance is provided: head uphill to find the parking lot. That advice is probably sufficient. The map I have shows many trails but no names or colors, and there are many side paths that complicate using the map. While there is not much to see, it is useful for the elevation change. Did scare one sleeping dear in the leaves...good workout for the heart!

Monday, November 04, 2013

I've hiked here and cached here multiple times. I remember when this place was closed because of nefarious activities. Thankfully they cleaned it up. It is truly a diamond in the rough. I don't think that a lot of people even knows this exist.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

I pretty solid trail - the only downside is that it goes pretty close to a major highway, which kills the woodsy vibe for me, but otherwise really enjoyable. There is also a dog park, which makes this place great for your pet.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I just went here to check it out and were pleasantly surprised! We didn't do the entire loop as time was prohibiting but it was a good little adventure!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

I had no idea Iron Hill was 15 miles. I rate it at 3 starts only because I hike there and its probably better for moderate to advanced mountain bikers. Steep hills that look fun, but too gutsy for me. Trails are clear but a lot of roots. I saw previous comment about disc golfers and fortunately I haven't come across anyone out there. Still can't figure out how its 15 miles so I'll look further into it.