Indian Springs Trail

Indian Springs Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wilmington, Delaware that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Rolling forest hike to Brandywine Creek, on old DuPont family Farms Beautiful forest hike up and down hills to Brandywine Creek then back up and through some very large tulip trees. Look for the stone fences which marked the borders of the Du Pont family fields. The trail is well marked with yellow trail markers.

This trail is short and hilly but it is a good workout. I would rate this a easy walk and it is very easy to access.

We liked it we got off course as usual but it was easy to get back on. Very nice to walk along the river. Not a lot of people and some mud. Some parts are very rocky but it's a nice relaxing walk.

This is a nice trail. We went on a Sunday afternoon and there was hardly anyone here. beautiful look at the nearby creek and the stone walls are all around. A few Meadows along the way too. Lots of rocks as well.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

nice hike

Monday, August 24, 2015

Parking and access to the trail is available in Brandywine Creek State Park (fee).There are bathrooms at the Nature Center. The trail begins behind the Nature Center. The trail descends gradually on rocky terrain before leveling off on a grassy surface as it reaches the Brandywine River. The trail follows the river before turning left and ascending moderately over rocky terrain. The trail levels off at the top of the hill and follows a gradual grade through forests and fields back to an open field north of the Nature Center.

The Indian Springs Trail also connects with the Hidden Pond Trail. The pond was dry today. Both trails are well marked and well maintained, and are in mostly wooded areas. There is also 3.1 mile cross country trail which is more exposed to the sun.

Friday, August 07, 2015

There are two trails here, hidden pond and indian springs. Both are quick (about 2 miles each), beautiful, and well maintained.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Ehh. There wasn't anything here that made me think I'd want to travel here to hike this trail. It's wide and features the river a bit at the bottom, but there wasn't a lot of wildlife and it was a bit rocky, which took away my hiking rhythm since most of the trail is either uphill or downhill. I enjoyed the variety of nearby White Clay's trails better.

On the bright side, I connected this with the Hidden Pond and Rocky Run trails to make a hilly figure 8 trail that was roughly 6 miles.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

I hike all my trails with my three year old and an umbrella stroller. It was rocky in places and we got lost once, though if you have the map there's plenty of places to correct yourself. We went in the afternoon on a weekday and there was very few people. It was starting to pick up around 4. The old wall and fallen trees were beautiful. We saw a really big frog. The paths were clear and maintained and the office staff was really nice. There were parts of the trail over looking the river. We even ate lunch at a park bench they had set up overlooking the river. I saw a few people with dogs but never saw any dog poop (I can't stand trails where ppl don't pick up). We will definitely do this trail again.

recorded