Indian Springs Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Wilmington, Delaware that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 190 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

Beautiful forest hike up and down hills to Brandywine Creek then back up and through some very large tulip trees. Look for the stone fences which mark the borders of the Du Pont family fields. The trail is well marked with yellow trail markers. Cost is $4 per car for residents and $8 per car for non-residents.

beautiful trail with gorgeous trees overhanging with clear path and dog friendly terrain.

Very nice short hike, went after a heavy rain, trail was a bit muddy. The Brandywine was very high looked as if it breached along the trail by the creek. Recommend wearing proper shoes as the trail is very rocky at the beginning and end.

Pleasant enough walk, but nothing interesting or remotely difficult about it.

fee

pretty good trail. most parts are well groomed so I'm happy to pay the fee (fee can be paid when you enter the park via credit card or in cash near the trail head). some parts are highly overgrown and itch your legs if you are in shorts.u to the large number of rocks, leaves and roots, definitely recommend hiking boots. posted a few pics for reference. enjoy!

Went on Hidden Pond Trail which overlays most of this trail. Great for families and young kids will not have a problem. Well maintained, under forest canopy 95% of the hike so great on hot sunny days. Back section parallels Brandywine Creek with numerous access points.

Sun Apr 07 2019

We took the Hidden Pond trail, which goes along this trail. Nice walk through the woods and along the river. Can be muddy in spots. Periods of rocky path, then flat grass/dirt. Some remnants of old structures. Nice family hike.

Sat Mar 16 2019

Tue Nov 06 2018

Beautiful trail for a nice walk in the woods! Trails are well marked and well maintained. My friend and I went in the autumn and the trees and leaves were beautiful. It was great for pictures, I will go again!

Sat Apr 14 2018

It's an average run of the mill trail. Nothing to see and no particular memorable sights along the way. If you're looking for a casual walk this is a decent enough place.

Tue Feb 20 2018

This trail is short and hilly but it is a good workout. I would rate this a easy walk and it is very easy to access.

Sun Jul 09 2017

We liked it we got off course as usual but it was easy to get back on. Very nice to walk along the river. Not a lot of people and some mud. Some parts are very rocky but it's a nice relaxing walk.

Mon May 08 2017

This is a nice trail. We went on a Sunday afternoon and there was hardly anyone here. beautiful look at the nearby creek and the stone walls are all around. A few Meadows along the way too. Lots of rocks as well.

Sat Jan 28 2017

nice hike

Mon Aug 24 2015

Parking and access to the trail is available in Brandywine Creek State Park (fee).There are bathrooms at the Nature Center. The trail begins behind the Nature Center. The trail descends gradually on rocky terrain before leveling off on a grassy surface as it reaches the Brandywine River. The trail follows the river before turning left and ascending moderately over rocky terrain. The trail levels off at the top of the hill and follows a gradual grade through forests and fields back to an open field north of the Nature Center. The Indian Springs Trail also connects with the Hidden Pond Trail. The pond was dry today. Both trails are well marked and well maintained, and are in mostly wooded areas. There is also 3.1 mile cross country trail which is more exposed to the sun.

Fri Aug 07 2015

There are two trails here, hidden pond and indian springs. Both are quick (about 2 miles each), beautiful, and well maintained.

Fri Jul 13 2012

Ehh. There wasn't anything here that made me think I'd want to travel here to hike this trail. It's wide and features the river a bit at the bottom, but there wasn't a lot of wildlife and it was a bit rocky, which took away my hiking rhythm since most of the trail is either uphill or downhill. I enjoyed the variety of nearby White Clay's trails better. On the bright side, I connected this with the Hidden Pond and Rocky Run trails to make a hilly figure 8 trail that was roughly 6 miles.

Sat Aug 13 2011

I hike all my trails with my three year old and an umbrella stroller. It was rocky in places and we got lost once, though if you have the map there's plenty of places to correct yourself. We went in the afternoon on a weekday and there was very few people. It was starting to pick up around 4. The old wall and fallen trees were beautiful. We saw a really big frog. The paths were clear and maintained and the office staff was really nice. There were parts of the trail over looking the river. We even ate lunch at a park bench they had set up overlooking the river. I saw a few people with dogs but never saw any dog poop (I can't stand trails where ppl don't pick up). We will definitely do this trail again.