Delaware Arc Monument via White Clay Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Newark, Delaware and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Forested hike to the 1892 ARC monument where DE met PA Pleasant hike through hilly forest terrain. Follow the blue trail from the trailhead at the NE corner of the lot. Stay with the blue trail to the millpond. At the end of the millpond, turn left on the millpond dam. Turn left on the path and make an immediate left to climb through the open field. Follow the farm path through the farmstead. Turn right out of the farm yard. After a short walk, watch for the unmarked trail going left from the path. It will lead you straight to the yellow trail. Follow the left (straight) direction of the yellow tail. The trail goes through pretty forested hills and valleys, with a couple of bridges, on its way to the Arc Monument. where the Delaware Arc meets the Pennsylvania Mason Dixon line border. Continue on the yellow trail back to the Trailhead in the parking lot. IGNORE the XC markers, their colors are for the high school cross country turns.

More than moderate, got off trail a few times but was able to find my way with GPS.

Very nice! Did the twin creek trail it was long

This is known as the Twin Valley Trail locally and by the Park. Very nice trail with modest elevation changes, a couple of creek crossings, and some nice views. Great family hike. My wife and I have done it with a two and a half year old and one year old strapped to our backs. Our now four year old had walked most of it on her own two feet. Most of it is under tree cover so a good hot weather hike.
Plus, you get the Arc monument, so an interesting bit of history/geography thrown in.

Took my kids lots of cool things to see during the hike from nature to ruins of old houses.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Nice meandering with minor elevation changes.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

I grew up in Newark but never ran any of these trails. Wow! So much fun. Well-marked and maintained. Beautiful and green. Loved it!

Monday, October 24, 2016

This is White Clay Trail! Not the arc monument. They charge you $4 to get in the state park to access the trail

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Very enjoyable, dog friendly, and few hikers on the trail during the week days.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Great easy hike

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Overall a good hiking experience. Off the trail for sometime while got a chance to discover white clay creek a bit more. It was a Saturday afternoon and I only saw one couple along my way. Definitely worth a try to get self refreshed.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Definitely a fun trail to hike. I didn't see anyone else on the trail all day and this was a weekend morning. Has more elevation than I expected for for the area and provides some nice views off the park. There are a few detours you can take to extend the hike and see the white clay creek. The monument itself is fun to check out and the trail was maintained pretty well! Overall the trail provided for a good day out.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

A pretty neat trail! Markers are a bit off but it's not hard to make sense of. Not as well kept as it could be...but then again I went on the 3rd day of Spring this year.

Friday, May 18, 2012

This a fun trail to hike, more challenging than I expected. The monument site is more amusing that I thought. We didn't see anyone on the actual trail. I like how it has some interesting things along the way to keep things interesting. I want to redo it on a bike soon.

recorded on trail and another

Monday, November 06, 2017