Beaver Valley

Beaver Valley is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Beaver Valley, Delaware that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rolling hills, wildflowers and birds, woods and fields. I was charmed by this hike. We ended up going off the trail that the map here shows, but ended up completing a 5.8 mile loop, using the app. We had to Ford a stream. It was muddy and a little buggy. Still, gorgeous and a pastoral delight. I will definitely be back. Note: there are a lot of small offshoot trail. It was confusing, even with the map downloaded. Luckily, there is pretty good cell reception on this trail, so we were able to record our movements and figure out where we were.

Hilly, very bucolic. You spend about equal time in the middle of a forest and in bucolic scenery with pastured horses, corn fields and small farm houses. Fairly heavily traveled, we saw one group of horseback riders, several (3-4) individual mountain bikers, a couple trail runners and a few other hikers- though it is a beautiful Saturday. While not well marked, it is pretty easy to figure out where to go. I parked at 289 Ramsey Rd, Wilmington, DE 19803 ("Woodlawn Parking Lot"), and crossed the road to make it a longer hike. Hilly but not challenging, but a lot of sun due to infrequent forest coverage. Don't think I will do it again, but am not displeased with the experience.

This trail is very hilly but beautiful. I recommend bringing water because it is challenging. It is a nice workout and over all a nice trail.

Nice trail....but we went across the street instead of turning around and made it into a 5.5 mile hike. Highly suggest keep going rather then turning around and going back to the start

I really liked this trail. Good distance if you don’t have all day. Nice hill workout. Nice views through beautiful horse country. Easy to follow.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Loved it. Very relaxing walk. Saw a few people but not terribly crowded.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

I enjoyed this trail (this time with my dog). There are plenty of steep hills and some nice views. I only came across a few people while on the trail for a couple hours, though there were several cars parked in the gravel (free) lot I parked at. There was also a moderate amount of wildlife.

recorded Beaver Valley