Zoar Trail

Zoar Trail is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stevenson, Connecticut that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loved this trail, challenging hills, beautiful fauna and the waterfall was spectacular

Fun route, nice waterfall!

I can be on this trail in under 5 minutes from walking out my back door, so I've hiked it several times. The upper section is hardly ever used, so it makes for a very peaceful hike. The section along Lake Zoar up to Pryden Falls is much more heavily traveled, but offers beautiful views of the lake and Kettletown State Park. Make sure to visit soon after a heavy rain to see the falls at their most spectacular.

Great hike..beautiful walk along the Housatonic. Did the entire loop and had the opportunity, in which I'm incredibly grateful for, of seeing a mating pair of Barred Owls. Would absolutely recommend this trail

First hike of the season for me. Got a little over excited and decided to do the whole thing with new hiking boots on. In hind sight should have done it backwards and finished walking down the river where it is a straight course and easy. I am not an experienced hiker so I felt the trail on the left side was on the harder side because of the amount of inclines, declines, and was very rocky. My gps stopped working and I didn't have a map and I was alone so I just followed the blue marks and I got a little lost at a couple points. Luckily I made it out with 15 minutes of sunlight to spare. Saw people on the river side but once I headed up the left side I didn't see anyone for 2 hours until I got to my car. Would love to do this trail again when I have more time, it is beautiful all around and a great work out. Took 3 hours but I was hustling on the left side, worried I would run out of sunlight. Many lessons learned today!

Really enjoyed this hike but would recommend going when snow has cleared as the trail becomes very slippery.

Beautiful! my new favorite spot