Zoar Trail

Zoar Trail is a 6.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stevenson, Connecticut that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fantastic trail with streams and small waterfall. The beginning of the trail is along Lake Zoar which is picturesque.

Will take the more challenging forest trail for the first half and the river trail for the second half next time! Took a little under 3 hours.
Song lyric graffiti was a bummer to see on a stand of trees, but hike was a really nice, manageable challenge. Some junctions are not well marked and require some quick back tracking.

Wowow. Six miles of hills and rocky outcroppings, a great workout! I almost wish I had started on the woods side versus the lake side so I wouldn't have had to deal with most of the elevation on the second half. Only one geocache if that's something you're interested in. Some of the trail markings are hard to see so I had to use my phone and map to get back on track.

Beautiful views along Lake Zoar for the first couple miles then a step ascent into the woods. Pretty nice some trail intersections are hard to notice.

great trail , good hills and scenery, one of my favorite hikes 7 mi. works you good

I thought that this trail was just OK. The trail was stony, making it more annoying to do the constant up and downs, as this this trail isn't a straight up and then back down trail. The scenery was just OK, I think there are a few other trails in CT that might be more worth it. Definitely remember bug spray! We skipped it thinking it wouldn't be too bad, but the bugs are definitely bad.

However, for a 6 mile hike, it wasn't terrible, just not one of the better trails I've enjoyed.