Zoar Trail is a 7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Stevenson, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and fishing and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,072 feet Route Type: Loop

paddle sports

Busy day today but great weather to be outside.

i was wanted to see where the old logging rd went to. a little ways up one can catch the blue trail. go up further to catch other unblazed trails

Great trail - I clocked 7.25 miles round trip be mindful that not all points are well marked so downloading the map is helpful.

Nice quarantine hike with mom and Simba!

It’s a fantastic trail with views , great waterfall, some riverfront beaches/views and streams with cute stump bridges .. it’s however on harder side .. it’s more demanding than average moderate trails with boulders, mud and a few steep climbs .. don’t go without good tracking shoes, hiking poles will definitely help.. took little less than 3 hours with several stops ..

Loved this trail. Actually feels like a moderate / intermediate hike - whereas others moderates in the area I’ve done recently have felt on the easier side. Fun to navigate the rocks and varying terrain. Beautiful waterfalls and streams. Went on a Thursday afternoon, and only passed about 6 people. Completed in just over 2.5 hours with some quick pauses.

trails great, moderate to advanced in some areas. come early. took us 3 hrs 6.6 miles

Stunning trail, one of the prettiest in CT. Definitely a must if you haven’t been here yet! I recommend hiking in the woods first so the payoff is cool breezes the closer you get to the water :) a weee bit steep in some areas so be careful with footing but other than that you’ll be so happy you came here.

Beautiful intermediate walk. It was our first time and first walk of the season certainly not your stroll in the woods walk with good elevation and quite a bit of rock walking. Well marked trial and a great 6mile hike. There were still quite a few muddy patches but we hiked it May1. Im sure it will be dried up soon. Definitely will be back!

Definitely a solid hike so wear your hiking boots and be ready for some beautiful water views! Took a little longer than expected due to heavy traffic and lots of families on the first part of the trail. Although all were polite and did our best to keep six feet apart! Got one of the last spots in Great Quarter Rd.’s lot *Tip: Don’t park on someone’s lawn or side of the street - saw a home owner taking photos of cars and calling cops

Great views, water fall and nice places to sit and eat.

I’m no athlete by any means but I do like hiking from time to time. My friend invited me to go on this hike with her and it took us 4 hours to complete. 13,000+ steps later and we finally got to the end of it. The rocks we had to climb up were incredibly difficult but all in all was ok. We actually got to 2,100 feet up which was kinda cool. Waking up the next day felt not so fun though

One of our favorite day hikes. Just the right amount of everything, a little rock, a little roll, a little run a little stroll. Some nice inclines for interval training and views for miles including a pretty stretch of the Housatonic River and then beautiful Prydden Falls. (always reminds me of the expression "pride comes before a fall") ...keep your hands free (and watch kids) at times as there are a couple of steep drops and PLEASE keep your dogs on leash. I was standing at the top of the waterfall taking a photo and some idiot's larger dog bounded up behind me and jumped up with both paws on my back. If I'd been a smaller person, i.e. child..I might well have tumbled right off the precipice and then you know what would happen?....no more dogs allowed! (we love bringing ours....on leash!)

Great trail, the parking on Great Quarter road was pretty tight. The trails were challenging and there were lots of roots and rocky areas, so I would definitely recommend good shoes/hiking boots. The waterfall is so worth it. I thought the trails were clearly marked until I was coming to the end of the loop and found myself all the way down on Great Quarter Rd and had to walk back on the street. The trail markings got a little scattered at the end. But great workout, great sights.

flooded

recommend counter clockwise, lots of rocks and roots, really nice waterfall and river views

Great trail. Went to the waterfalls and back for about 3.5 miles of hiking. Loved the different terrains from the skinny paths to the rocks and the beautiful water views.