Whitestone Cliffs Trail

Whitestone Cliffs Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Plymouth, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until September.

rock climbing

The Whitestone Cliffs trail is a loop trail with spurs at the loop's bottom leading to CT Route 262 in both the east and west directions. The eastern spur terminates at the trails parking lot. The western spur is the Jericho Connector trail.

Good trail! Just knowing which direction to take makes the big difference. It's steep but its rewarding. You can see Route 8 from the top.

lots of bugs but a good afternoon hike

Fun, challenging. Very forgiving in terms of the path you can take.

rock climbing

Also accessible from the Jericho Whitestone connector trail. Minimal parking on Waterbury Road near #2057. I like approaching from that side because it's uphill on the way in , downhill on the way out.

Walked through a giant spider web. Wasn't too happy about that. Other than that it was a great hike. Perfect early autumn hike

Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday, July 18, 2016

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Friday, July 01, 2016

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Monday, June 13, 2016

My 11 and 9 year olds joined me on this hike yesterday. It was great! The trail was marked by blue paint on the trees... (Please follow this; we didn't the first time and got lost). It was minimum difficulty until we got to the rocks. However, there is a visible, alternate path to the right that we enjoyed taking. The view from the top was great. We wish we would've brought a trash bag as there were beer bottles and food wrappers under a pile of wood. We were also angered by the graffiti on the side of the cliff. Other than that, it was perfect and my children really enjoyed it!

Friday, May 20, 2016

Loved it .. lot's of trash and grafitti I wanna go back and clean ..Lived here 36 years and never knew this gorgeous place existed. so my five stars made be a lil bias by my excitement!! I lost me headphones if anyone sees them before it rains!! Thanks

Sunday, April 24, 2016