Webb Mountain Trail

Webb Mountain Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Monroe, Connecticut that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice walk to a little waterfall.

Completed a loop, nice little trail run/walk - signs clearly mark where you are, and I took a paper map from the bin, which proved useful. It was a cloudy, cool day, perfect for exploring. My only reservation - the recent tornadoes (5/15/18) took down some trees. The path was clear, but I'd say use caution and judgement on windy days.

We did this as our 1st hike of 2018.
Took the Red trail, as the map says it's to the Overlook, but we only came upon railroad tracks.
Luckily we met a woman who advised us to take the Red to Blue/Purple. THAT led us to the top overlooking the Housatonic River.

From the lower parking lot, follow the 'road' to the left. Half a mile up, you can pick the Red trail on the Left. Go up the mountain. At the Red & Blue/Purple intersection, bare Right onto Blue. The overlook is a short stroll. As of today, if you took the trail in the woods, the log bridge to cross the water was blocked off, you could not continue.

Will go back in the Fall to get a better view of the foliage.

I thought this was going to be more of a hike to the lookout and it just felt like a easy walk. It was a cloudy day so the view wasn't amazing, but I'm sure if it was sunny and you can see the foliage better it would have been a lot nicer.

Sunday, July 30, 2017