Tyler Mill Run Trail

Tyler Mill Run Trail is a 2.5 mile loop trail located near Wallingford, Connecticut. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tyler Mill Run is a 4 mile loop trail located near Wallingford, Connecticut. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking.

TYLER MILL PRESERVE IS CLOSED TO ALL USES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO STORM DAMAGE. We expect it to be closed at for at least two months. All entrances are posted CLOSED and Police are patrolling at random. No vehicles in, and no use for any purpose (walking, hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing, etc.) of the entire Preserve, from East Center Street south to West Dayton Hill Road, and from Tamarac Swamp Road east to Northford, Anderson, and Maltby. Thank you for your patience.

Pretty easy hike. Some of the other trails that connect to this one can make it confusing but they’re all pretty much loops.

Hunting is allowed in the Wallingford Town Owned area on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday from the third Sat in October until the end of February.

Good hike overall. The trail is relatively easy but some of the other trails connect make it confusing at some points. There at lots of squirrels on this trail. I seen at least 20-30.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Good easy mountain bike ride. Great for people that are just getting into the sport to get used to riding. Very well marked trails and doesn't every get too crowded.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

it was very nice . I got a good workout!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Beautiful walk.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Well maintained

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

good hiking area

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Beautiful trail! Great hike!

Saturday, December 12, 2015

I added a trail map in the photos section because I can never seem to find it online. There are trail maps at the main entrance off of Northford Rd in Wallingford and at the Memorial Park. I have only been to these entrances and in the trails around that but there could be more map locations. Happy hiking/biking/running/walking!

Monday, October 13, 2014

We found Tyler Mill Run when we were looking for local geocaching. The geocaches were fine, but we were much happier finding the park and its wealth of trails! We've revisited many times since then- in all season, sometimes with our beagle buddy wriggley. There are some great views and wonderful wildlife all around because its a preserve as well. The trails are decently marked- for the most part but we wish that we could find a printed (or online!) trail map! Anyone know where we could find one?

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Great set of trails, beautifully maintained and easily accessible. I am from out of town and had no problem finding my way to the various trail "heads.". Ran a couple of the trail sections first then hoped on the mountain bike and took it for a spin!

Sunday, April 08, 2012

I love the rolling trails, lots of twists and turns, log rides, drops and climbs, single track riding that always leaves you wondering where a
I gonna end up, every trail leads to another adventure.
Ride threw slow and enjoy exploring or blast through and feel the excitement, watch for the warning sign on the tree that alerts you to the two jumps that are just a head, you can go around if you like but they are my favorite part along with the roller coaster like stretch just after them. Have fun, I'll see you on the trail!!

Friday, March 30, 2012

A couple of easy hiking trails... Better for mountain biking... Got to be careful in the winter because the land is used for hunting on specific days

Wednesday, October 19, 2016