Tunxis Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Southington, Connecticut that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 367 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Was disappointed there was no view as shown in the pictures. I assume if we stayed on the blue blazed trail for a while after reaching the end of the tunxis trail we would have caught the view. Waterfalls were cool though.

It was muddy in some spots, but that is to be expected with the recent rain. I didn’t realize how close it was to a shooting range, so that made me a bit nervous.

private property

some views of plainville and meriden. Beautiful frozen rivers

My , go to short hike . Close to home. Up and down in two hours . moderate hike Follow the stream down from the reservoir for some adventure . Nice little waterfalls . Pools to relax in , in the summer !

Nice easy out and back trail in Southington. Reservoir was very scenic. I've hiked this many times in the spring and summer, first time under winter conditions. A few slippery spots, use caution. Don't stray from trail! Gun club just off trail with active shooting range!

I'm glad I found this trailer was truly amazing, there's a waterfall that's heading off to the right by the reservoir that's amazingly beautiful,the res itself gorgeous with the peak foliage, one of the best trails in central ct that I've dis covered, highly recomended

Good hike

recorded Tunxis Trail

nice hike to do with a couple of people and drop cars. we all parked at the trailhead at Panthorn Trail Road, then shuttled over to this trail head. hike up to the res. and then follow blue to the blue/red, etc, Jillian's Rock, and then down steep rock trail to the other cars. trail conditions are decent, well marked in most areas. the downside is the occasional ATV fourwheels tearing up the trails. All in all, nice hike in the woods with some ok views.

An okay hike in the woods with enough elevation to get your heart pumping. I would bet it is really wet in spring. the waterfall either got lost or someone moved it. heh.

A bit rocky but overall great trail

Awesome trail with some challenging incline here and there. Lots of options and great views once you find the lookouts. Lots of ticks, so make sure to check yourself and bring bug spray!

Enjoyable walk. A little buggy, but to be expected. Badger anti-bug balm works wonders. Trail was a bit muddy in some areas, but we have had lots of rain. Reservoir is beautiful. Definitely a nice workout!

I definitely recommend this trail. its rocky the further along you go but definitely worth it. my only complaint is that my husband and I had our 4 kids with us and while on the trail there were a bunch of people speeding through on atvs and dirt bikes. they barely had enough time to stop before reaching us.