Green Trail to Red Trail to White Trail Loop

Green Trail to Red Trail to White Trail Loop is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Easton, Connecticut that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A crown jewel, Trout Brook Valley was snatched from the jaws of developers by concerted citizen action and will now be preserved forever as open space. A largely pristine space, the Valley has over 20 miles of trails, ranging from easy to difficult A crown jewel, Trout Brook Valley was snatched from the jaws of developers by concerted citizen action and will now be preserved forever as open space. A largely pristine space, the Valley has over 20 miles of trails, ranging from easy to difficult. The trails take the hiker past dramatic displays of New England nature at its best, scenic overlooks, and lush Apple and Blueberry orchards. In general, the trails slope upward, sometimes sharply, from the Weston entrance to the Easton entrance off Route 58. Some trails are designed for equestrian use. Several trails are linked to the extensive trail systems in the adjoining Jump Hill and Crow Hill Preserves which combined equal 1,009 acres. Also nearby is the Saugatuck Valley Trail on Aquarian Water Company land. Hikers can enjoy a beautiful vista of the Saugatuck Reservoir from the Purple Popp Mountain Trail in the Weston Portion of Trout Brook Valley. The Reservoir was created in 1945, when the river was dammed just north of Devils Glen. What can't be seen is the small village of Valley Forge that now lies 100 feet or so beneath the surface of the Reservoir which was flooded by Bridgeport Hydraulic Company.

A gem

A wonderful way to spend an afternoon. Hikes can be as long or short as you like.

We did the red trail to green. We wear our kids in back packs and found it very doable- we did watch our steps carefully on parts of the red though! Great place we will be returning soon!

very nice. red trail is awesome.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Today I completed walking every trail in the preserves. Took 3 times of 8.5 mile average hikes to do it. Great place with a great mix of trails.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Nice trails. Very quiet. Wish they were all off leash!

Thursday, March 30, 2017

My favorite place in the area

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Rocky, varied terrain with well marked trails. Good moderate wooded trail. Hiked the red to white.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Pleasantly surprised with this hidden gem! We took the RED trail. I had two dogs with me, one of which was a blind labradoodle. There was a bit of an incline/scramble on this trail which I found difficult only because of my dog.
Without the dog, I would highly recommend it as a "Moderate" hike.

I do have to mention this review is my First time at Trout Brook. So take what I'm saying in that context:
Looking at the maps, we took the RED trail, planning to exit via the green due to my dogs limitation. The GREEN trail on the map looks like it exits onto Bradley Road.

It would be more accurate to say that the WHITE trail not the green exits to the Bradley road exit. We went in a complete circle or loop simply following the Green blazes.

We thought red to green.
It should be Red to Green to White.
No big deal...we just prolonged the hike.

I highly recommend this park. We are blessed to have it so close to home. Prior to finding it we were driving to Sleeping Giant.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Great space and trails in crowded Fairfield County.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

All around fun, varied terrain!

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Great

Friday, November 18, 2016

Excellent trail, rather steep in 1st quarter. One concern, most of the area is open to bow hunting of deer and shotgun hunting of Turkey's. It's hard to let your mind drift and relax when your looking out for hunter. I think this app needs to let you know up front so you can avoid the trail during hunting season.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Amazing hike, fall colors and crunching through the leaves. New England at its Fall finest. Last mile a challenge for our tired 9 year olds. Many thanks for the Violet Trail as the home stretch.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Great and fun

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Great nature outing. Walked the blue trail. Next time, Planning on hiking the red trail

Friday, May 13, 2016

The red trail and then the purple trail to Popp Mountain is a good trail to get considerable elevation with moderate difficulty and get a good view. Maps are available at the Bradley Road entrance.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Nice variety of trails. We hike this with the kids. In the past I mountain biked here and it's a great quick midweek workout. The trails are rocky and moss covered with lots of roots for a technical challenge. Other areas are wide open.

Monday, December 21, 2015

From a trail running standpoint, this is a defined and clearly marked trail for the most part. There are a few rocky sections that will slow your pace a little, but overall it's clean running course with minimal elevation gains.

recorded Trout Brook Valley