Suffield Mountain Trail

Suffield Mountain Trail is a 14.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near West Suffield, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Great hike, only a few view points but only made it to the second peak

9 mile out and back ruck. Nice trail with good views

A really fun trail run. I would think that it would be especially nice in the fall with the leaves changing color. As it was it was a dark rainy morning and it was still fun! I started in the dark with a headlamp and this made navigating the rocky, root covered trail a challenge – but if I wanted a flat surface, I’d run on the road. I want to give a shout out to whomever is responsible for all the blue blazes on the trees as these were a tremendous help in staying on the leaf covered trail in the dark. This is a very well-marked trail.

I started on Newgate road near the intersection with CT-20 (there is space for a few cars to park on the right side of the road and the trail starts up the hillside very near the intersection). I followed the trail uphill and found several nice overlooks, interesting terrain and a very peaceful forest. I only had time to go about two miles before turning around, but it was a great way to get outdoors in an enjoyable spot for a little while.

The trail itself is well marked and well kept. I started on the blue trail to the green trail to the metacomit trail. I never once saw the overlook, I'm not sure if I went left on the metacomit when I should have gone right but it was disappointing to not reach an outlook area. Also I parked at Sunrise Park.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

great trail

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Parked at the kid's fishing pond and took the trail after crossing the beach. Really fun trail, perfect for some quick, zen-like after-work exercise. The level part of the trail was incredibly rocky around the lake - challenging myself to quickly traverse the rocks amongst the mud was a welcome test of agility. Once you get to the blue marker (the metacomet I believe) take a left - you'll know which way, just look for the steep climb. This will take you up a quick several hundred feet in elevation. Never quite steep enough to need handholds but it does get close. I got to the top and back to the beach in about fifty minutes. If you're looking for a gym alternative with the bonus of fresh air and tranquility, this is a great choice!

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

It's a nice trail but unfortunately there isn't much view and if you aren't familiar with the area it can be a little annoying to find the best place to start. At least the weather was beautiful, and being with friends makes it a fun time

Sunday, November 29, 2015