Sleeping Giant Head Yellow and Orange Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(60)
Sleeping Giant State Park

Sleeping Giant Head Yellow and Orange Loop Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hamden, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 846 feet Route Type: Loop

Great hike with my 11 year old.

I did 5 miles today and wasn't a big fan- the 3 stars are because the foliage was gorgeous! But basically going up for the sake of going up - no real views except for the one early on the yellow trail. So many trees down along with way from the tornado. It was peaceful though, after you got away from the road noise on yellow trail. A lot of loose rocks, especially coming down.

Yellow trail is awesome. This is my third time on orange- it’s really rocky. Not rocky in a physically challenging way- rocky in the uncomfortable under your boot way. All of it is beautiful though. Great park!

Wed Mar 22 2017

Too close to noise for me, although I got a little lost and it was slushy as heck yesterday so it wasn't as enjoyable as I would have liked. Lost track of the trails in the snow even though they are well lit I ended up on 3 different routes but still made it back without a problem. Beautiful view and I only went a mile in!