Shade Swamp Sanctuary White Trail Loop

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray Star(40)
Farmington, Connecticut

Shade Swamp Sanctuary White Trail Loop is a 2.9 kilometer loop trail located near Farmington, Connecticut that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.9 km Elevation Gain: 27 m Route Type: Loop

I brought my two year old here for a walk because other reviews said it was child friendly. it was very swampy and there were many muddy parts if the trail when I had to carry my kid. Not so fun for me. it wasnt very scenic here and is next to some very creepy abandoned buildings. It was an ok walk, but I wouldn't come here again.

Nice trail, done muddy areas around the pond, but easy to navigate around. Easy trail, relaxing, I would hike this again.

As far as easy trails go I just love this one!!!! Super kid friendly - and dog feet friendly... watch for exposed roots but love the pine needle encrusted trail!!! Water fowl and turtles on small pond - I hear there is a few grand size bass ....trail gets muddy after rain and a brimmed hat might help with gnats - great trail run trail for prepping for 5k etc - nature path- and letterboxes too

Sat Apr 13 2019

nice little 2 Mile Walk, my 11 year old was complaining the whole time so there goes my serenity all in all pretty good though

Sun Aug 19 2018

poorly maintained! poorly marked! broken glass beer cans. don't waste your time!

Tue Aug 29 2017

Trails not very well marked. Not sure if I was on the white or blue trail.