Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area Trail

Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Burlington, Connecticut that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

State education center with nature exhibits of birds and various regional mammals.

Great place to bring your leashed dog!

Great trail with lots of stops on the way. A fire tower with a great view, a waterfall, and a beautiful pond. You feel like you're completly lost in the woods but it's a loop so it's easy to find your way back. I'll definitely be back again!

First time hiking last year here.

Nice wide open trails with beautiful views on the side trails.

Great for dog walking!

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Easy and family friendly

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I visit Sessions Woods regularly since I first moved to CT in '09. I live 15 minutes away from it in the City of Bristol. It's nice to get away from the urban setting and appreciate the peace and tranquility of nature. There is ample parking area and information center. Though there are several trails, I usually walk the Beaver Pond Trail. Part of the trail is along the stream and it's a pleasure to see and hear the soothing water streams. There are also mini trails to explore, that branch out from the main one,. My favorite are the Beaver pond, the fire tower view point and the Waterfall (mind your steps going down to the waterfall, it is steep). In the Fall, you can appreciate the leaves changing color and the fallen leaves create a path of bright yellow and red which appears glorious to say the least. I have a special place in my heart for Sessions Woods and I hope you have an enjoyable time visiting there too!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

scenic but a little too easy if you are interested in a workout. great for kids

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Love it so very pretty. Great kid friendly easy trail. Great for families!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Beautiful! Don't miss the Boardwalk.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

It was a great trail with several side trails off the main loop. There is a waterfall, wildlife observatory, and so much more I have to go back. My opinion start with the beaver trail entrance and explore the side trails as you go. Terrain is pretty good as it's mostly gravel if you stay on the main trail (people bring strollers/kids/dogs). Few tougher inclines too.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Pretty nice to trail run this, hills can be a challenge. This is my go to spot till I explore more

Sunday, June 12, 2016

This was a very pleasant well marked trail. Excellent for families. Offers a cool rock waterfall, cool fire tower to climb, beaver dams to view, small wooden boardwalk surrounded by lily pads and turtles. There is one porta potty on the trail right before the turn off to the wildlife blind and the Firetower.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

It's such an easy nice walk with different options.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

This is a beautiful and easy trail to walk with anybody.

Monday, April 04, 2016

I love this hike. There are so many things to see right off the trail like the waterfalls, fire tower, beaver marsh, etc.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Good quick hike in my neighborhood. Great for starting off. Good for the family. Under 3 mile hike in 45 minutes if you don't go off the main trail.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Had a great hike today, if was my second time here. Main gravel trail loop is about 3 miles and a mix of hills and flat terrain, very scenic and a great place for a hike. I'll definitely be back!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Great trail and lots of hills for a great workout!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

This trail was pretty nice, I like that it has other side trails marked to explore. I've yet to check out the waterfall (on my to do list!) but it's pretty neat that there's camp sites for youth groups and it teaches you about nature as you walk the trails!!