Scantic River and Keeney Mill Trail

Scantic River and Keeney Mill Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Somersville, Connecticut that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This place is beautiful, really five star, But this is the second time here, and I have never seen a place with such a tick problem. February 26. I am wearing a coat and I found two In-bedded low near my shoulders. My friend's small dog had at least a couple dozen on him.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This is a nice small pond to kayak/canoe on. It seems to have a plant infestation, but as long as you're ok with that it's a fun place to paddle around and explore. I recommend putting in at the boat launch located at the intersection of School and Maple. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Really fun kayaking if you like to slowly meander up a narrow, winding river. Lots of wildlife and it seems pretty remote in places. It goes on for quite a ways so you can make a nice relaxing half day out of it. Good parking and easy put in by the pond.

Sunday, December 01, 2013