Rock Spring Preserve Trail

Rock Spring Preserve Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hampton, Connecticut that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Won’t be back unless the trail is maintained. 10 mins in we turned around because it was completely overgrown.

I enjoyed the hike and got to train more with my backpacking gear

Nice pleasant woodland hike.

Nice trail and overlook was very scenic. Snapped a few pictures of some vultures flying around. The stone chair is cool as it’s positioned just right to view the overlook. Very nice!

Pleasant hike, not too hard, nice river and other interesting features, as well as a nice overlook.

great hike with just enough to make it a challenge without being too much. I only had enough time to hike up to the lookout and back, but I'm planning on returning to hike down to the river and over to the spring. this might be my new favorite place.

I did initially miss my turn for the lookout. fallen limbs and leaves had my head down watching my step more than checking for markers. my own fault. thankful for the maps in the app

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Rock Spring Preserve: the hike to the spring is mostly downhill. I would say it was a moderate hike, nothing treacherous. It has a lot of stonewalls along the path to view. The spring is tucked away in a small valley with lots of vegetation growing around it.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Favorite Spot to go. Very easy to walk and great Overlook.

Monday, May 01, 2017

Well marked

Monday, April 03, 2017

wish it was a little more scenic but still very nice! the only straining part for some would be walking back of the entry path

Monday, March 20, 2017

Was a fun trail with the dogs and GF. Not very well marked.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

I liked it, the trail near the river needs a little TLC but not bad otherwise

Sunday, October 09, 2016

We found the trail to be overgrown near the river. Not sure what scenic overlook people are noting-- didn't come upon this. There are a few secondary trails that are not marked, stay on the wider trails and try to look for the white markings on the trees (which are not frequent and fading).

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Great trail! Pretty easy one especially for kids and beginners. The river part was pretty but if you kept going it was a bit over grown. But the lookout was fantastic! Definitely would go again just for the lookout!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Nice

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Very nice and well marked .

Saturday, August 27, 2016

It was really great seeing the Indian Spring, the river and overlook. We wished there were more signs at the stops as we didn't know to back track to go to the next stop at the river. And at the overlook the trail continues...to the main road. So there should also be a sign there. Didn't know to backtrack there either. Otherwise the view was AMAZING and it was just beautiful :)

Friday, June 10, 2016

Good trail! Slightly overgrown near river. Overall very good. My daughter loved the overlook and river.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Easy to follow trail. Light elevation. Nice vista. Park at trailhead.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

We really enjoyed our hike. There was a lot to see and it was challenging for our kids.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Really liked it here- pleasantly surprised. Trails well blazed and there is signage which leads you to either an Overview, River, or Spring. There's enough parking at the trail head for prob 3-4 cars. Try to go when it's dry.