Roaring Brook Falls via Roaring Brook Road

Roaring Brook Falls via Roaring Brook Road is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near Cheshire, Connecticut that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

My husband and I went hiking here recently after we’d had weeks of rain. The mushrooms had gone crazy around the trail. I’ve hiked here many times and never saw any notable fungi before this. What we saw this time was incredible, so many mushrooms of different varieties, shapes and colors. We started noticing them near the base of the trail only to find that they got more numerous and varied the farther up we went. I’m not a mycologist, but this was very cool.

This trail was much harder than it states... I loved the challenge!!! the trail splits pretty much near the beginning of the hike and I suggest going left if you want an easier trail... Going right is a huge Rocky ascend... Alot of the rocks are loose and it's quite treacherous as well and not well marked... You should go up nice and slow and test the rocks before stepping on them...But go right!!! Because it's totally worth the challenge...The come back down is pretty steep and close to the edge and really gets your adrenaline pumping!!! Overall this was an amazing experience and worth the sweat!!!

We took the Red trail to the right and went up Rocky Steep, which makes this easy hike moderate to hard real quick.
Beautiful waterfall, nice hike.

nice!!!

trails hard to follow and VERY uphill. love it though super cool

Wednesday, January 11, 2017