Learn more

Roaring Brook Falls via Roaring Brook Road

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(99)
Cheshire, Connecticut

Roaring Brook Falls via Roaring Brook Road is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near Cheshire, Connecticut that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 1.2 miles Elevation Gain: 377 feet Route Type: Out & Back

amazing place. did my first yesterday. pouring rain. absolutely stunning. not really kid friendly, the elevation changes are very drastic. hiked out the red trail up to the quinnipiac trail.

really fun trail but the incline/elevation on the right side entrance is insane, if you aren't in the best shape avoid it. just turn left go in and turn back when you start seeing blue markers. Outside of this some amazing views if you get up to the top & obviously cool waterfall. watch for snakes.

Great, short trail but I’d probably consider it moderate. I am overweight but I hike multiple times a week. I did this trail in my tennis shoes because it was marked easy but regretted not wearing my boots. Whoever did this with a barefoot 4 y/o has a VERY athletic kid. The first third of the trail is easy, the second third is steep uphill and challenging, but the last leg is easy (especially after conquering that middle section). Great views. I will recommend.

shit was mad easy- me and my 3 year old walked it barefoot- steep in some parts but nothing extreme. nice tennis courts, too.

This trail has some steep inclines

Nice trail with waterfall at the top. Relatively easy path, but steep incline could proof difficult for some. Slippery rocks and mud if wet. Hiking pole might help on incline and decline.

Super easy hike with a gorgeous view of the waterfall from above! I’ll definitely plan on making a trip back to get to the base of the waterfall. Beautiful scenery all around

My family has a BLAST on this train today! Even though was a rainy day, we carefully made it to the top to see the waterfall. So worth it! The hike was super manageable for my 4 & 9 year olds.

Very steep incline and decline. Beautiful view of the falls. Good workout

whoever marked this easy is out of their minds. someone earlier said go left for easier trail. all of a sudden you will go through a rocky and tree root filled steep incline. they say the waterfall at the end is worth it. I am on the heavier side, I couldn't make it half way and had to sit out.. My kids and husband were able to though. I just would like to know this apps definition of "easy"

Great trail for young kids, most of it is uphill once you past the first stream but it’s very do-able with sneakers. My husband and I took our 3 year old twins and we are in and out in under 1 hour including a rest for snack at the top view of the falls. Parking is on the street and I feel bad for the residents nearby as it appears to get quite busy.

Very nice trail. Kid but not stroller friendly. The view from top is worth it.

steep, but pretty. avoid visiting right after rainfall or else you'll be sliding back down.

Steeper than anticipated. Great view of the waterfalls and dog friendly.

bridge out

Sat Jun 08 2019

I would recommend this trail; however, there are huge inclines that someone looking for an easy trail might not be able to traverse.

Mon Apr 08 2019

Definitely not an easy hike. It is a very steep uphill climb with a nice view at the top, but the waterfall wasn’t as rewarding as I had hoped, especially after such a difficult hike.

Mon Feb 18 2019

Wed Jan 16 2019

Great hike, stay left on the trail and you’ll pass a old fireplace and then hike up a bit to see the falls. It is hard to get close up to the falls unless you climb down, it is very pretty close, but proceed with caution. It’s a pain to get back up. Great in fall and summer.

Mon Nov 12 2018

Beautiful day & spectacular view of the falls. Very nice shorter moderate trail. Love the up elevation gain following the brook to the falls. 3 point contact nearer the falls both up and down.