Roaring Brook Falls Trail

Roaring Brook Falls Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cheshire, Connecticut that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail with beautiful scenery. The blue trail to the right and quite steep with a lot of rock washes. The red trail to the left is much easier with better views. The trails at the top also connect to the Quinnipiac Trails.

Great trail! Excellent views of the waterfall! Not well marked on the way down, but it was clear what was the trail. Definitely rocky and steep in many areas.

It has been so dry that the roaring brook is almost dried up in parts. The falls are still awesome but I am excited to return when we get a good amount of rain! I can imagine it is stunning when it’s in full force.

Started to the right and glad we did. it was much steeper and rockier than the other side. It was challenging hike up for sure! Better to get that out of way. That side was not well marked but the path was clearly evident so we never doubted where to go. The falls were pretty but a little underwhelming. couple of little bridge brook crossings and a cool stone fireplace made this a nice hike.

Not a bad hike. Went a few years ago. The area is very pretty. A waterfall worth seeing again

Took the red trail up and an unmarked trail back, which I’m glad I did because the unmarked one kind of faded out in places and was pretty steep. Cool falls but I’ll probably come back in the fall/winter for a better view

Take the left trail at the first fork! It's better marked, provides better views of the falls and ruins,and isnt as steep or rocky.

Great way to kick start hiking 2018!
Nice views and great amazing picture

Great first hike back into the season. The initial scramble going counter clockwise on the trail will get your heart beating but it’s not long at all. The rest is easy going and beautiful. My dog had a great time!

Great hike with a beautiful view of the falls!

IT IS NOT MODERATE. UNLESS YOU LIKE TO ROCK CLIMB. The view is great, the waterfall is beautiful but the trail is hard. I’m not new to hiking but am not an expert. They should get more than one type of person to rate the trails, because whoever rated this one has a very weird definition of “moderate”.

Head up the trail counter clockwise for a steeper, more vertical climb and descend on the falls side.

Short trail. Good for a quick jog as a treadmill substitution. Go after a heavy rain.

Nice trail. Says it's a loop. But when you get to the top the red trail markers stop. I followed the blue for a while but know that's part of the Quinnipiac trail. Down trail is not marked at all and is very steep. Good workout either way!

Nice hike with kids. My 4, 5 and 7 year old had no problem. Be careful near cliffs, also does have a decent incline. Great for dogs too. Pretty solid for families. Little parking.

Very nice steep. But not the best view except the waterfall.

Nice quiet trail. I brought my three kids ages 3-8 and it got a little hairy with some rocks/ cliffs/ and a nice little incline, but they did well.

Very steep trail but great exercise. Didn't make it all the way to the top because it was steep and it was raining. Saw the falls through the woods very beautiful but we turned back because my boyfriends was nervous about bears or mountain lions. Then when we were all the way almost to the end, a tree falls on its own. A huge tree which made a loud noise and we thought it was some animal knocking it down so we started running but it was fun! Would go back again probably in the fall or spring.

This was a nice hike.. Uphill on red trail was a slightly steep challenge, as other have said, great work out. The second half of the loop heading down is not a marked trail, but was able to follow easy. The downhill section of this trail is pretty steep and takes some time to get down. Overall, it was a very enjoyable hike with some great views of the falls..

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Steep trail up to fall- great workout!! Wanted to find either reservoirs but couldn't. Anyone know the best trail to them?

Friday, June 09, 2017

Very nice hike!

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Great trail dog totally loved it!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Always a good hike if you take the Quinnipiac trail. I enjoy starting from the north or from the south. Was just there 2/19/17. There had been a couple of nice snow falls in the last 10 days, but on this day it was in the low 60s. So there was a lot of snow melting and the waterfall was flowing strong.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Good trail, will attempt again. Didn't complete the loop, miscalculated how much time I before dusk with all the snow.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Quinnipiac trail is a good trail to walk on. This section of the trail is a challenging short hike with a great waterfall.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

It was fun

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

loved this trail thought I was going to die from the bills but that's what I loved the most about the trail

Saturday, September 03, 2016

This map shows a completely different entrance than I use to hike to the falls. I am almost 100% positive that the loop is on private property.

I could not give the Roaring Brook Falls trail five stars because it is short, only .75 miles one way.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Great hike!

Monday, July 18, 2016

I'm going to write what I wish someone else had. After you park in the cul-de-sac and walk along the gravel pathway you will come to a fork. LEFT or STRAIGHT, and a tree with a RED arrow on it pointing left. Depending on what you want go left or straight.
Straight- leads you in the woods along a gravel pathway, it was intuitive enough where to go/turn etc. There is a sharp left STRAIGHT UP small boulders. You will notice old telephone poles. (I was certain we were going the wrong way) Nope, keep going, and just follow the trail. You will come to what looks like a camp site and a lack luster water fall. THIS IS NOT IT. Keep going around staying close to the cliffs edge. (you will go up, and down and back up) but you will eventually see the 80 ft drop. When youre done follow back on the trail (Again, its intuitive enough to figure out) you'll see a stone plaque and an old fireplace. Eventually you will come back to the tree with the red arrow on it and you will have your bearings and walk back out to your car.
If it has been RAINY, I would NOT go straight. Staying left and doing an out and back would be the safest option. This is a strenuous hike either direction. Straight is def MORE difficult than going left in my opinion. I probably wouldn't bring small children or nonathletic people on this hike.